Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
i was on the way home before and saw a type r trying to race a new M5, it was funny cos the M5 went like a rocket!!!

a mate of mine had a MK2 with a 1.8t in and we manage to beat a type r.

but the funniest must have been a type r trying to race a 360 spyder outside my shop,lol as you can image the 360 had none of it and booted it, i guess the lad in the type r must have said to his girlfriend at the time....WAIT TILL THE V TEC KICKS IN!! LOL

nice car but i rather have a cupra r or a anni!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Comparing figures doesnt prove anything as it doesnt account for the driver... I've not had a go with a CTR but have beaten an Integra type R in a dual carriageway/roundabout/dual carriageway/roundabout type race, but not by a huge margin.

I dont think CTRs are as quick as a lot of people make out but I still think they're faster than most mkivs tbh

·
Registered
411 Posts
At the end of the day though who cares? There'll always be faster cars whatever you've got..

To illustrate...I lined up at the traffic lights against a Tommi Makinen Edition Evo the other day... both looked across, lights change, floor it, look across and Im half a car ahead, start grinning as I listen to the charger screaming, into 2nd thinking sh*t Im winning and then the Evo, flames popping, comes sailing past me like Im not there!

Ok so I was pi55ed off (until I discovred they have a 0-60 of 4.3 secs!) but I still love my car!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
i was on the way home before and saw a type r trying to race a new M5, it was funny cos the M5 went like a rocket!!!

a mate of mine had a MK2 with a 1.8t in and we manage to beat a type r.

but the funniest must have been a type r trying to race a 360 spyder outside my shop,lol as you can image the 360 had none of it and booted it, i guess the lad in the type r must have said to his girlfriend at the time....WAIT TILL THE V TEC KICKS IN!! LOL

nice car but i rather have a cupra r or a anni!
You know...they could have just been tempting those cars to boot it, nobody in their right mind, even the owners would think a Type R has a chance against a supercar!

If I ever see a Ferrari/Lambo/Porsche I'll race them and put my window down and see if they take the bait and roar away. The sound of a 360 flooring it is awesome!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
There'll always be faster cars whatever you've got.. To illustrate...I lined up at the traffic lights against a Tommi Makinen Edition Evo the other day... both looked across, lights change, floor it, look across and Im half a car ahead, start grinning as I listen to the charger screaming, into 2nd thinking sh*t Im winning and then the Evo, flames popping, comes sailing past me like Im not there! Ok so I was pi55ed off (until I discovred they have a 0-60 of 4.3 secs!) but I still love my car!
dont ya juat hate it when that happens [:D]

·
Registered
22 Posts
yer had a type r chasing me round contry lanes and its rear end was kicking out all over the place and droping back from me

but then i do have 4mo [;)]
Sounds like he couldn't drive, or prehaps had to keep backing off because you were holding him up. The back end coming out sounds like lift off oversteer, he'd have been running wide if pushing beyond it's limits.
also depends on how his car has been set up , i have a type r with adjustable front and rear camber angles, currently set up for less under steer, lift off oversteer only becomes a minor problem when in in the vtec round a corner. sos mate just wanted to point that out .

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'll let you into a little secret about the Golf...

If you look underneath the right pedal, there's a little screw,
and if you turn this a half a turn, it lets the CPU know and it turns
the 150/ 180 engine into a 300hp engine! Simple! That'll then beat your
grannies car, i mena civic!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'll let you into a little secret about the Golf...

If you look underneath the right pedal, there's a little screw, and if you turn this a half a turn, it lets the CPU know and it turns the 150/ 180 engine into a 300hp engine! Simple! That'll then beat your grannies car, i mena civic!
[:cool:]

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
yer had a type r chasing me round contry lanes and its rear end was kicking out all over the place and droping back from me

but then i do have 4mo [;)]
Sounds like he couldn't drive, or prehaps had to keep backing off because you were holding him up. The back end coming out sounds like lift off oversteer, he'd have been running wide if pushing beyond it's limits.
also depends on how his car has been set up , i have a type r with adjustable front and rear camber angles, currently set up for less under steer, lift off oversteer only becomes a minor problem when in in the vtec round a corner. sos mate just wanted to point that out .
Yeah but what I said still stands as the back end still wouldn't be coming out other than for the reason I said.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
bikes will keep up (or beat) most things....up to about 130, then its see ya laters.

and as for braking,a bike dont stand a chance against any car with good brakes.

ding ding.
Lol! See ya laters after 130mph? Are you basing the bike on a Suzuki GS500 and the car as a Porsche 911 Turbo?

Agreed that braking on a bike is not so good mind.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
hehehe even a mk3 golf beat a type r...this is getting better day by day...
You arent serious are you?
Just a MkIII Golf? Have you seen his specs?

As for your chances against a CTR - dont be silly.
il tell ya this thats no ordinary mk3 sonny lol , the spec on justins car is mental and if you have read golf + you would have seen it ,

im suprised the ctr didnt turn off to save the [:$] lol

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
CTRs aint that fast, a PD150 with a chip will more or less keep up with one and thats a diesel for gods sake!

there is also a rumour that the UK versions are not producing 197bhp more like in their mid 180s, its the JDMs that are producing 197 +

http://civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=79074

people get carried away with VTEC and 8000rpms etc etc but sure at end of the day its still between 185 ish to 197 bhp at flywheel no matter how its revving, high revs when accelerating also gives the illusion its fast.

great car though

81 - 100 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.