Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
really around corners???

I know the Civic isn't the best handlling (slated for no steering feel and over stiff suspension in the car press) car but its miles ahead than a Golf.. Its also a very light car - especally when compared to a diesel engined car.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I've only once taken my Golf down some twisty roads and nearly scared myself silly!!!

The Type R chassis was tuned on Nuerburgring in Germany (I remember seeing the early spy shots in Aut*Car), where exactly was the Mk4 GTi chassis set up?? A Tesco carpark?? [:p]

...No but seriously anyone know??

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Can i bring some sanity to this please?

You have no chance in hell of beating a type-r (ANY type-r) in a Golf. An R32 would keep up and that is it. No other. No chance.

Sorry it'll get lots of the silly racers in here all up with handbags but its just fact folks, sorry.
Totally agreed.
ditto

Looking in the back of Evo a Type r does 0-100 in the same time as an R32 16 seconds (to the nearest second) - that is very very quick!!! The type R even has more bhp/ton than the R32 - thats says it all. I've been in a Type r and a Golf would not keep up unless its suspension is modified

Type r's are stripped of soundproofing, thinner glass etc. A type R is a real hooligan of a car. A Golf has a wider range of skills but is less focused on handelling (well the mk iv). I know they have very little torque but the gearing accounts for that and its very short.

I could have bought a type r but I chose a Golf because its a much better allrounder. But respect is due to the type r!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.