Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday evening, to mine and mate's astonishment, there was a McLaren F1 on the hard shoulder near Sheffield! Not being the most common car on the road, its the first any of us had seen - but more so than that it was the Le Mans edition (road going GTR), of which there's only 5 on the road worldwide, and this was in orange, of which there's only 3! [:O]

anyone else spot this on their travels?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
lucky git! my all time favourite car!! Wasnt the one off 5th Gear the other week?? M11 GTR or something!! Closest i've been to an orange F1 GTR edition was at the factory in about '97-98! was good [:D]

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one of the most rarest cars out there, probably run out of fuel!lol

didnt mr bean (ron akinson) have a F1
We thought it had perhaps ran out of fuel also! LOL

And yes, he did have one - ran into the back of a Rover Metro if i remember rightly, causing a few thousand pounds worth of damage to his own, and minimal to the other car!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lucky git! my all time favourite car!! Wasnt the one off 5th Gear the other week?? M11 GTR or something!! Closest i've been to an orange F1 GTR edition was at the factory in about '97-98! was good [:D]
Heard about that one off one of the lads at work this morning, didn't see it myself as can't get channel 5 and didn't pay any attention to the reg either i'm afraid, was too busy gawping at the car itself!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just heard this aft that the "regular" F1 was selling for near a million quid a year or so ago! Imagine what these even rarer ones will fetch!![:O]

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Goto to be the one of top gear. Lucky git had that and an Enzo in his garage...

J.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Goto to be the one of top gear. Lucky git had that and an Enzo in his garage...

J.
And the rest ! He had a garage full of supercars. The look on Tiff's face as he was driving the McLaren.. the guy is a car obsessive ! [Y]

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Never seen one on a public road, but saw one going for a lap record at Thruxton about 8 years ago now, and have a cracking picture of it in motion on my wall still...

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Never seen one on a public road, but saw one going for a lap record at Thruxton about 8 years ago now, and have a cracking picture of it in motion on my wall still...
I saw on on on the country roads near Henley might as well have been a UFO, a dark green one came the opposite way. I did quick a 3 point turn but it was long gone. Out of all the super cars thats still my fav.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ha ha, i'd not noticed that when reading - amazing how you don't always take things in properly! LOL

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Further update...

Seems the owner is Ray Bellm, former racing driving being the most successful driver in an F1 and team owner. The car itself was a former race car, converted to be road legal

Posted Image

1 - 19 of 19 Posts