Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
No disrespect but i'd still choose the 1 -series over the new R32 imho i just love the way the new 1-series looks i know its a marmite car but for me it just does it and with the 330 engine in the car it must be one hell of a car to drive, also if the bring out the 3.5 litre diesel engine in the one series hands down that will win on performance with the twin turbos.

·
Registered
204 Posts
No disrespect but i'd still choose the 1
-series over the new R32 imho i just love the way the new 1-series
looks i know its a marmite car but for me it just does it and with the
330 engine in the car it must be one hell of a car to drive, also if
the bring out the 3.5 litre diesel engine in the one series hands down
that will win on performance with the twin turbos.
The diesel engine in the 535 diesel etc is actually a 3.0 diesel with 2 turbos, if thats what you mean.

·
Registered
894 Posts
..... i just love the way the new 1-series looks...
Get down to your BMW dealer straight away they'll probably sign you up for the next run of TV ads....[:D]

( I like the 5-series lines but it upsets a lot of people.....)

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
No disrespect but i'd still choose the 1
-series over the new R32 imho i just love the way the new 1-series
looks i know its a marmite car but for me it just does it and with the
330 engine in the car it must be one hell of a car to drive, also if
the bring out the 3.5 litre diesel engine in the one series hands down
that will win on performance with the twin turbos.
The diesel engine in the 535 diesel etc is actually a 3.0 diesel with 2 turbos, if thats what you mean.
same thing [:cool:] lol

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Shame Clarkson has to rant on so much about nothing to do with the car in question, a more in depth review would have been nice.
All in the name of entertainment DB! He seemed rather taken with the new Audi RS4 last night too.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
A 20 paragraph articale & only 6 are about the R.........why does he have to jibber so much crap at the start of every article.........

·
Registered
178 Posts
A 20 paragraph articale & only 6 are about the R.........why does he have to jibber so much crap at the start of every article.........
I thought that as well... Either he wanted to write something about the environment and just had an R32 to hand to review or he could think of nothing better to write and his word count was low...

·
Registered
554 Posts
I actually saw a relex silver 3 door in the flesh yesterday and parked my GTi alongside it, I liked it especially the rear valance and twin exit pipes. However whereas the original R32 stood out from all other Mark IV variants this particular one parked next to my colour coded car looked no different and I actually prefer the front end on mine but the rear of the 32, horses for courses I suppose, if you crave a six pot with 4 wheel drive take the R, me I'm happy with my choice but I did think the R32 looked much better in the flesh than in any pics, side by side they looked pretty cool shame I didn't have my camera with me [:(]

Regarding Clarkson, I know he rambles on a bit but this is what makes him entertaining IMO when he has to review the more mundane models.

Ref the 130i I too would probably opt for this over the R32 if it were not for the crappy run flat tyres, then again I'm only just coming to terms with running a 2.0L petrol so guess i'm just dreaming but when the 130D arrives, Mmmmm that could be a tough decision[;)]

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
When I picked up my Golf there was a woman chopping in her BMW 1 series for a GT TDi, I can't get used to the Chris Bangle school of design, the 1er reminds me of the old shoe in Monopoly.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
The 1 Series is a singularly ugly piece of design, no matter how well its made and how well it drives it is still ugly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts