Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me old mum has got a new style 1.4 Fiesta Zetec for a loan car as yet again she's bumped her toyota!

Well I've just taken it out for a good ragging and oh my god does my Golf seem so boring now! It's like a go-kart and you can really blitz it round corners! The 1.4 zetec engine has plenty of poke in it too and it sounds sweet reving it right through in 1st, 2nd & 3rd!

If it wasn't so tinny, wasn't a ford I'd buy one of these to replace my Golf!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Ummm...may be a ST Focus/Mondeo or Focus RS for me please. LOL! No really, Ford's are too bad these days afterall.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I used to own a Zetec S previously. Hell yeah. Surprisingly rapid, and good handling without mods. Must admit, very nice car!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote: posted by MOB on 12/07/2004 21:09:49

Puma's are even better [:D][:D]

Was yours a racing puma MOB? A relative of mine has a black puma with full leather (I think it's the 1.6 as in the fiesta Zetec-S) but she'd never let me have a drive of it!

It's a shame Ford keep having explosions in their plastic factory and throwing the bits into cars as dashboards!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Quote: posted by GrahamOliver on 13/07/2004 10:27:56

Quote: posted by MOB on 12/07/2004 21:09:49

Puma's are even better [:D][:D]

Was yours a racing puma MOB?

No it was just a 1.7

I would have had a Racing Puma instead of the Fabia, were it not for the relatively high miles I would put on it

For cheap fun you cannot beat a Puma IMO - not that powerful but its one of those cars you can drive at 100% a lot more than some other cars

·
Registered
220 Posts
i used to own a racing puma before my golf, not that fast(golf felt faster as standard) but it had wicked handling coupled up to mine being one of 80 ever made with LSD!!got too much attention in it though and it started to go wrong and run funny so it went!! i also had a fiesta zetec-s a while back!!!!![:D]

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
why did tey stop making the puma? it was an excellent machine!

Anyone see the new 4wd 300hp focus rs in autosport this week??......looked well trick

·
Registered
406 Posts
Cos they stopped making the crapulent Fiesta it was based on!!

A real shame, because the Puma was brilliant.

Ford tuned the air intake to give a fantastic induction noise inside the car, but nothing untoward outside. Now thats cool !

A few years ago I had a couple of days driving all sorts of cars up at Milbrook proving ground in Bedfordshire (Company Car In Action) and kept stealing the Puma - so much fun over the alpine pass etc. I loved the handling and the ally gear knob[:D].

Couldn't beleive Ford could make a car that you could actually drive! (pre-Focus days of course)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Please, please, please change the subject.......

If you had to live with the build quality and depreciation of a f*rd, you'd soon think again.

Horses for courses.

Nags for knackers.

·
Registered
220 Posts
nothing wrong with a ford really though my old fiesta never had a problem or broke down for the 2 years from new i owned it-had the golf just over a month and have had a few niggles and problems.

build quality and general feel of a VW is a hell of alot better though

·
Registered
581 Posts
i used to have a zetec s modded to 120 bhp. it was awesome through the corners but build quality was awful. the rear arches rusted (they are rolled as std on the zs by ford) and they wouldnt repair it under warranty even though the car was only 2 yrs old. then i found that both door sills were rusty took it back to ford where they told me that it wouldnt be covered under warranty!!!!!

so i sold it. feel sorry for who ever bought that when they look at the door sills!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Quote: posted by Turbo Batch on 12/07/2004 22:51:09

My mate knows someone with a NOS kitted KA, that wud be scary!

No, the BRAKES in them are scary [V][;)]

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Quote: posted by Irish on 22/07/2004 22:37:58

Quote: posted by Turbo Batch on 12/07/2004 22:51:09

My mate knows someone with a NOS kitted KA, that wud be scary!

No, the BRAKES in them are scary [V][;)]

Too true, when I had my focus I used to get KAs as Loan Cars and OMG I nearly ran into the back of so many people at the same rounderbout on the way back home from the dealer!

They really are ****

Anyone know if the Sport KAs are any better??

Chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts