Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I thought it was about time I posted pics of my car. It?s my first car and I have had it for about 6 weeks now. It?s a reflex silver Bora Highline TDI, one of the last Boras made in 2005. Here is a pants phone pic of how it looked stock

Highlines came with Montreal 2 wheels, which are usually used on the Golf GTI
Posted Image

Posted Image

Interior shots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just cleaned today using Meguiar?s 3 stage program & Autoglym products

1st mod ? new wheels wrapped in Korea?s finest :laugh:
Posted Image

Posted Image

2nd mod ? painting the STOCK brake callipers (don?t look too close) ;)
Posted Image

I really love my car but is the going a bit too far?
Posted Image

Here?s an old pic of the other heap taking up space in the driveway, it?s now rocking the Montreal?s, Mum?s so happy!!! :cool:

Posted Image

Random piccies
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8192/newwheel4uz.th.jpg

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/9014/floor7ou.th.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2780/rear26df.th.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/197/dsc026726jq.th.jpg

Will keep the thread active as new bits come in, Thanks for looking and any comments/questions are welcome

Markus :thumbup:

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
hmmm looks quite similar to mine! (seem to be missing a gear though! LOL)

Not too keen on the wheels though, needs a drop i think!

Want some RC's or Anni rims for mine but trying to save for a house!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If this car had a 6th gear it would be perfect.

Yes, H&R cup kit in the pipeline

You don't like r32 wheels? [:^)] Yes anni RC's would be nice but too expensive for a student

I'm in Portadown. I noticed someone called "Baz" on the Vortex, he's in Belfast. we should have GTG sometime

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Nice car, get it lowered 35mm. Is your trim inside that optic gold one? If so looks v.nice and might persuade me to change mine to that

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looks great car that mate and i have to say you have the best colour. i love your seats. Are you sure its a 115pd? as it only has 5 gears and a red i in the badge?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 35 mm drop is what i'm after, our road are pants[:'(]

Yeah it's the 100 model, but this place only has the option for 115 or 130 for your profile

The trim is a goldy colour with hatched black lines on it, sort looks like a carbon fibre effect, i would maybe like to change it to the alu trim to match the exterior, not entirely sure yet

No, the wheels are replica's[:(] but one day...

Lots of stuff in transit at the mo, so i will use this thread as a build up thread and keep you posted as new stuff arrives.

Cheers, Markus[:D]

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, here?s my first update, my black grille arrived this
morning, it was a bit dirty but I?ll get to that later, here are some pics?

<o:p></o:p>Out of the box
Posted Image

<o:p></o:p>Onto the car, I?m considering painting the lower grillesthe
same as they has already started to ?fade? to light gray.
Posted Image

<o:p></o:p>Getting back to the dirty bit, I was out in the shed
cleaning and polishing the grille, when apparently my Phatbox arrived from the
USA. [:mad:][:(] So gutted I missed it but
hopefully it will be re-delivered tomorrow.
Sometimes online parcel tracking can tell you more than you want to know
lol.

Until next time,M

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
If this car had a 6th gear it would be perfect.

Yes, H&R cup kit in the pipeline

You don't like r32 wheels? [:^)] Yes anni RC's would be nice but too expensive for a student

I'm in Portadown. I noticed someone called "Baz" on the Vortex, he's in Belfast. we should have GTG sometime
Hi Markus

I'm not actually in Belfast but I stuck it in there so the americans knew what was going on.

Anyway, good luck with the mods, it never stops though, keep an eye on the bank balance. I have some serious overhauling to do in the next month or so. I'll get pics up when it's ready.

Baz

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, my Phatbox arrived last Friday from Gary at Mikan Motors in Butler PA in the USA. Big thanks to him for quick and informative service. I had to buy a boot cd changer cable from the stealers which arrived on tuesday.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is the install, did it myself. Not the most professional job but it looks OK and works perfectly
Posted Image

Only 2 small parts of the cable are visible
Posted Image

If anyone wants any tips on the install to a Stock CD player send me an IM and i will try and help.

Until next time, [H]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I really like the effect of the black grille. Did you buy new/ebay/or breakers? Just photochopped one onto mine and I might go for it. I've liked it before when I've seen it on Golfs.

Just been looking on the web at the phatbox, the install on the Phatnoise site shows it installed in the left hand side boot cubby hole where the CD changer goes. You said you had to get a changer lead from the stealers, I take it the lead that comes with the phatbox is redundent then? If that's the case would I be able to just take out the changer that's already in my cubby hole, plug in the phatbox and off I go?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bought it off ebay, it does look starange at first, as the light reflection makes it look like a chrome strip along the front of each bar, but after a while, once your eyes have adjusted it looks good and as though it has been there all along.

I assume you already have the CD changer cable installed in the boot of your car. If you have a VW CD changer in the boot, you will not need to buy a cable, if you have an aftermarket changer, you might need the cable. The Phatbox cable is still needed as it has the phatbox connection on one end and the VW Changer connection on the other end Kinda like this

PHATBOX <-------><--- VW CD CHANGER CABLE---> HEADUNIT

. Hope this helps, if you need any pics, just shout.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Cheers, i already have the VW 6 disc changer in the boot so it would just be a plug and play operation. Hadn't thought about this before seeing yours but I think I need to do a bit of shopping and get one.

Does your PC have to have 20GB of spare disk space? Is it an itunes sort of interface?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, the black grille makes mine stand out from the plethora of unloved Boras around my way

So i think it is just a case of plug and play for you then[:D], nice and simple

the Phatnoise is similar to iTunes, in that you have one library of music, and then you can create lots of playlists from that library. It is then just a case of dragging the playlists into the DMS cartridge window and clicking save. Takes a while though.

Not sure how much space you need on the PC, but i don't think it would need as much as 20Gb.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Change the wheels asap and get it on some coils. I made the same mistake in buying replica wheels and wish now i'd never bothered cause i'm having to save like hell for the steffan rims i picked out.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
YAY!! my German Plates arrived today, a big thanks to Chris @ Germanplates. Here are the pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My rear lip spoiler also arrived but i'm gonna wait to get my GLI kit before i put it on
Posted Image

Later, alligators [:p]

1 - 20 of 308 Posts