Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I love it...

Have it on toast on it's own (no butter), or with cheese on toast. It also makes nice roasties if you spread it over them when they're part-cooked.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
It's delicious and deffo agree with Golfgirl and the cheese on toast, it was made for it
I thought it was meant for rubbing all......doh, thats why she left me in disgust [:(]

Can take it or leave it. Like it though, but unsure as to what it actually is! Like the crisps and twiglets are pretty groovy.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
What about Veggiemite for the Aussies on here?

Or Bovril (only the beef extract one - it is now veggie - coop own brand is beef though )

Me - Bovril!!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Im neither a lover or hater. I dont mind it, but it has to be spread REALLY THIN tho so I can barely taste it.

As for putting it on roasts... I nearly threw up when I read that [+o(] lol

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
What about Veggiemite for the Aussies on here?

Or Bovril (only the beef extract one - it is now veggie - coop own brand is beef though )

Me - Bovril!!
Don't like Vegemite, tasted a bit "bitter" to me. Never tried Bovril either, will buy a jar when my Marmite runs out!

I can just stand it on white bread with plenty of melted butter, however on its on its truly disgusting.
I'm the complete opposite to you - don't like it on bread and certainly not with butter![+o(]

As for putting it on roasts... I nearly threw up when I read that [+o(] lol
Don't knock it till you've tried it!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Can't say as i've ever tried actual Marmite to be honest,i like twiglet's though and isn't marmite on them?
Yer. Get a jar of it, heaped teaspoon and devour. Tastes just like a mouth full of twiglets, without the crunchy bits which ultimately hit the roof of your mouth and kill.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I can just stand it on white bread with plenty of melted butter, however on its on its truly disgusting.
I'm the complete opposite to you - don't like it on bread and certainly not with butter![+o(]
No i meant toast, i wouldnt even try it on bread as i know it would be disgusting.

You like marmite on toast with no butter? Its horrible!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts