Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if anyone can help some lovely person sems to have drawn a line of marker pen down the side of my car any ideas on how to get it off, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Scumbags!!!

My Bora is going in the paint shop next Thurs to deal with scratches by the Herne Bay yobs.....

Anyways, how about lightly applying some white spirit, then a wash and polish over with your favourite product?? Used to use it to remove stuck-on badges on bodywork, didn't damage the shine at all! Might depend on the type of paint tho??

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
The two pack paint used on modern cars won't be harmed by nomal solvents such as cellulose thinners,or glue and tar remover which MIGHT remove the indelible ink from a permanent marker pen,but I doubt white spirit would take it off.You do however need to be careful with any solvents on exposed plastic trim,as they could damage it.

Chris.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Go and get some aftershave or some of your misses perfume out of the bathroom cabinet.....that stuff will remove marker no prob's.

I work with cosmetics in my job and I use fragrance testers quite a lot to clean. It removes any sort of mark or dirt.

It's smells nice as you clean too. [Y]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Go and get some aftershave or some of your misses perfume out of the bathroom cabinet.....that stuff will remove marker no prob's.

I work with cosmetics in my job and I use fragrance testers quite a lot to clean. It removes any sort of mark or dirt.

It's smells nice as you clean too. [Y]
and you can make your motor smell like a tarts handbag too[:p]

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Wonder if anyone can help some lovely person sems to have drawn a line of marker pen down the side of my car any ideas on how to get it off, it would be greatly appreciated.
White spirit, or any kinda wax or polish will do it (most cheap waxes or polishes contain a small amount of cutting or distilling sort of chemical in it)
. T-cut certainly will remove it, but i personally think it's too harsh on paintwork, it can leave swirls quite easily

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
body spray, trust me permanent marker isnt a permanent as it says when you got some doedorant. not anti perspirant thou

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
Blimey,I've never seen so many weird and wonderful concoctions just to get a bit of felt tip pen off.Has anyone tried peanut butter[:p]?

Chris.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Just found this thread after coming back from my car having found an unwanted paintwork mod - thick marker pen from passenger B pillar to rear wheel arch. Bloody scrotes [:mad:]. At least it's dark marker pen on indigo blue so doesn't show up quite so bad! [:^)]

So, any additional recommendations to the above before I attack my pride and joy with autoglym super resin polish / Lynx / aftershave / concentrated screenwash / the contents of the missus' cosmetics collection...?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts