Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really sorry for my complete lack of knowledge in this area however my daughter has a golf mark 4 cabriolet (SE. 2002 reg).

the rear glass in the roof smashed the other week and the insurance wants to write the car off. Her excess as she’s 21 is a lot let’s say!!

she’s seen a Mark3.5 window on eBay and would anyone know if this would fit? Link below. Been told they are a nightmare to fit and so next question if this does fit, is does anyone know of someone who can fit the window? The roof is in tact. I am her mum and I live near Birmingham and daughter lives in Sheffield.
Thanks in advance for any help and guidance from this group!!

· Registered
11,618 Posts
That is exactly what your daughter has a mk3.5 (a facelifted car) with the front and rear facelifted but in essence it is a mk3 convertible... including the interior suspension, wheelbase etc etc etc. Hell they didn't even bother changing the seats to the mk4 recaro's instead it got the old mk3 standard seats.

So yeah the rear windscreen will fit. And yes one of a mk3 convertible therefor also fits.

They are hard to fit but it can be done if you take your time... it's not rocket science... if she can't do it she can always find a car glass fitter/bodyshop that is local and might do it cheap because she provides the windscreen herself so she'll just have to pay for their time and expertise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.