1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To accompany this month's COTM nominations, you can post pics of your own
car here for a bit of shameless self-promotion (or other people's if
you're feeling generous!) or just if you feel like taking part in the
photo challenge. THIS IS NOT A THEME FOR COTM, IT'S JUST SUPPOSED TO BE A BIT OF FUN!

Take advantage of the nights still being long to take some nice night shots or showcase the best from your archives here!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice pics there guys! Kirade that snow looks perfect [:D]

Haven't managed to get any night shots of my car yet... well apart from
dirty and poorly lit ones! Definitely a bit tricky for this challenge

·
Registered
837 Posts
shiuming : looking at your shot on the Shell forecourt....did they have any issues with you taking the picture? I've always wanted to take a snap of my R under forecourt lights as it really shows off Deep Blue Pearl paint - do they mind? Are there any issues with using a camera in a petrol station?

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
No, not at all, mind you, I'm a regular there, it was fairly late and so not busy, and I did buy some petrol! [:)] The main problem I think is that it makes you very self-conscious, especially if you have a very conspicuous camera. I shot that without a tripod but still had to stand there for a while fiddling with shutter speed settings. I guess it depends on who is staffing the station, I reckon most won't mind as long as you don't behave strangely or hold up other customers - I guess it wouldn't hurt to just ask politely? If you've got a real special car like an R32 I'm sure they'll understand and be cool with it. R32 DBP looks stunning in most lighting conditions but I can imagine it's extra, extra stunning under petrol station forecourt lighting especially [Y]

·
Registered
837 Posts
A 3.2 V6 instantly qualifies me as a regular customer [:)] I'll keep my Canon S2 in the car for next time and I'll try for a shot.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
No idea why I didn't shove a couple up here - too late for March's compo but I'm not that fussed really:

Looking out at Dartford:

Posted Image

Homefield's Farm:

Posted Image

The semi-stealth shot:

Posted Image

And the super-stealth one:

Posted Image

Need to work out how to deal with the headlights and foglights in future tho [:|]

C

1 - 20 of 30 Posts