Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

mapping question

Mk4 Golf 
Tags
mk4 golf
1K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  graygti 
#1 ·
hey guys i WAS planning to get my turbo conversion in march but they having a few back logs so i said ill put it back a month and it will help me get the full money too. anyway im thinking of getting a remap for now just a generic map nothing custom. on a 99 AGU with a 2.5"downpipe decat and 2.5"system what bhp /torque will i look at i know its not gona be high but should make the car feel better/quicker shouldnt it? will i get anything extra on a generic by having a the exhaust system also any extra from a uprated panel filter?

one last question im looking at a chippeduk map i know the price is around ?250 and how much extra for a custom remap and is it worth it?

hope you can give me some answers i have searched

cheers

gray

#2 ·
hi mate

Had my 99 AGU with Revo rolling roaded at awesome the other day and it produced 190bhp with 225 torque. Thats with a forge dv and k&n panel filter fitted!! While i was down there bought the milltek cat back system so got that to go on the car soon!

So id of thought with your exhaust on already youll be easily over the 200bhp mark!!

Hope that gives you answer

#3 ·
iv heard with my poo little turbo i wont see over 190bhp :( shame.... but want around that anyway. yeh i have the forge 007 and im gona get a green panel before hand just so iv got the lot and it can breath good when get it mapped. whats your thoughts on the cars performance now mate? does it feel quick and fun? does the top end get there any faster?

cheersfor info dude

gray

#5 ·
hi mate

Had my 99 AGU with Revo rolling roaded at awesome the other day and it produced 190bhp with 225 torque. Thats with a forge dv and k&n panel filter fitted!! While i was down there bought the milltek cat back system so got that to go on the car soon!

So id of thought with your exhaust on already youll be easily over the 200bhp mark!!

Hope that gives you answer
Your Forge DV and K&N panel filter probably contributed nothing to your figure's. Also don't get your hopes up that a catback exhaust will either.
You really need to uprate the downpipe and 600cell standard cat to see a benefit. A forge (or alternative) TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) is a good mod for an AGU engine as the stock TIP is so small and restrictive. Also fit an 80mm intake pipe to your airbox form the front passenger side bumper vent.

#7 ·
lol i know matt but really want more power soon as its gona be 4 to 6 months before i get the turbo now. and also i wanna experiance the mapping too.so what figures would i get out a stage 1 or a stage 2 custon with my mods as listed and would it be worth gettting a forge TIP? and could this be used in the turbo upgrade? as it will have a S3 maff would it have to be changed?

cheers for info guys?

#9 ·
dont get ya matt ^^^^^ if i get the forge TIP. will it fit onto my new turbo next year and fit a bigger maf housing? the turbo im getting is the same fitment as a IHI34 like what you had. id get it now but if i need a differant one to fit a bigger turbo it would be a waste.

also what power diff will i get from a stage 1 and a stage 2 custom? if there isnt much (as i dont think there willl be with the KO3) i may just go for stage 1. matt did you mean id be close to 200 with a stage 1 map and the exhaust system i have without the TIP? sorry for all the questions mate

gray

#10 ·
yea probs 200ish with what you got so far.

my k03s, miltek'd, induction kit, apr cat, standard TIP got 225bhp i think.

i was looking at TD06 20G, that was same fitment, used the jabba ihi manifold.

that ideas gone tho, got bigger turbo now, and a fancy new mani, top mounted this time

#11 ·
wow that sounds fun. so what turbo you gettin now not the TD06?

so what differance would i get with a custom remap to a generic stage1? or is that 200ish bhp with a stage 2 that you said? i just cant decide if i will get any power gain from a stage 2.

anyone know if a forge TIP for a AGU will fit onto my turbo conversion. will be a TD05 16G same as a IHI 34. surely i will have to have a new bigger TIP on the new turbo as ill be having a new MAF housing too so will need to be bigger.

#12 ·
i doubt the TIP from a ko3 turbo will fit your new one. wait and buy when with your big turbo

difference between stage 1 and 2 wont be that great. stick with stage 1 for now if i were you

not going td06 20g now. got a hybrid turbo on its way. all will be revealed in coming months. its guna be big [:D]

#13 ·
yep your car is gona be evil mate cant wait to see it and love to go for a ride in it hint hint ;) lol

yeh gona get me a green panel filter and a stage 1 for now would love to get to 200bhp but doubt it. also iv heard about getting it on vagcom and adjusting the timing to suit the sort of fuel im using. would this be a sort of custom remap thing and would i get any extra power out of it? might get some one to try it who knows what there doing.

#14 ·
Yeah i love the car the way it drives now deffo improved the fun of the thing!! pulls really well in 3rd gear over takes are easy!! Deffo reckon it gets there quicker now!! Id say money well spent and the mpg is pretty much the same!!

Yeah the down pipe is another item on the wish list along with the pipe!!

#17 ·
yeh ill have them just let me get paid next week if thats ok dude.

yeh i know ill want more power and i know ill get it in 6 months haha cant wait. why revo? how much is that was thinking chippeduk as its cheaper and i wont get any power gain from differant tuners.

cheers for info matt ill shut up now ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.