Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. This is a message posted on behalf of a close friend whose brother has gone missing after a night out in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Please read this link on the BBC news web site about him and if you have ANY information please contact Northumbria police on: 03456 043 043 ext. 69191, quoting reference number 1029.

Or if you would rather you may PM me, but contacting the police is the best method.

Thanks to all.

_______
EDIT
: On the 22nd December a body was found on an embankment near the high level bridge in Newcastle. That body was identified later in the day as the missing 21yr old boy Duncan Gibbon. Very sad news i'm afraid. BBC link

If you have any information which may help in assertaining the cause of death then please contact Northumbria police with the above number.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Saw this, I am from the area, dont recognise him, recognise the surname though, I am a bit older though.

Hope he is found.

Hate to put a downer on it, but it was 2 years ago today my mate went missing. He had decided it was all too much for him and ended it.

I really hope the outcome of this is very different.

Been the talk with a few of my mates, so at least the word is getting out there.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
942 Posts
I take it you've walked the route he would have taken home? I hate to say this, but apparently a girl in B'ham the other week fell over behind a car, and unfortunately wasn't found until the next day. She had died from hypothermia as she couldn't be seen. I do hope he turns up safe and well.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for your concern and well wishes - I am not personally searching but many are, and I beleave they are exploring all obvious avenues such as you describe mk4 turbo.

Here is the 'official' message from the facebook group:

Duncan gibbon went missing on Sunday the 19th of December early in the morning, he was last seen at 'fever', and 'bar 38' at the quayside

He was wearing blue denim jeans, a turquoise coloured t-shirt with black on the top and shoulders and a grey jacket.

If anyone was out that night or knows anyone that was out who may be able to help please add them to this group (referring to the facebook group linked above)

it would also be a great help if you just add as many people you can to this group and hopefully someone with some information may see it

Any info call Northumbria Police on 03456 043 043, ext. 69191, quoting reference number 1029 of December 19.

·
Registered
486 Posts
My heart goes out to his family and friends. I know this is not exactly a brilliant thing to say but at least his body was found.

It was a relief when we found our mates. Obviously alive and well would of been a million times better.

My other half had a school mate go missing from Richmond many years ago. she has never been found. serious lack of closure for her friends and family.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts