Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a V6 and would like any views or comments on this sort of system????

I need to have a system made for my car as you cant just get one off the shelf

Any help would be wiked

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
hi mate hows the car been watchin your progress with the v6, not bad 100bhp jump. theres a thread on the engine and exhaust forum about a milltek for a v6 and someone has put a link on it with sound clips for a magnaflow on a 2.8 v6 , sounds absolutly amazing , its tempting me away from the milltek.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have to have it made due to the fact that i have a V6 front end and a 1.6 rear end with beam axle LOL TT front hubs seat leon front brakes (4pot brembo?s)
and mere to mention lol

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the boffins said to me QUOTE

As you are only running FWD there is more power to play with as there are no drive or very little drive train losses through the rear HALDEX and diff

and at the time i was running euro shell V-POWER 100 Octane if that makes any diffrence

also fitted a fuel cooler as normaly found on a diesel golf under the floor pan and this makes the fuel colder and more dense so biger bang for your bucks

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I recon it will fit.Not sure on the diameters of the 2 systems but if they are different it should just be a case of getting a reducer pipe made up.
I recon a trip to the brakers is in order. [:D]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
also fitted a fuel cooler as normaly found on a diesel golf under the floor pan and this makes the fuel colder and more dense so biger bang for your bucks
[:|]

Got any pics dude? I might have to investigate this... (can you tell I'm desperate, LOL)

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no pics as my camera was stolen out the car 3 weeks ago but if you ask anyone with a diesel you should get a pic and i will also be getting this program that we are not alowed to talk about (HINT) on here in the next few weeks LOL so i can have a look at what it costs

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I recon it will fit.Not sure on the diameters of the 2 systems but if they are different it should just be a case of getting a reducer pipe made up.
I recon a trip to the brakers is in order. [:D]
The pipe is 60mm and i am still using my 1.6 pipe from the cat back to the rearbox which is a HKS 55mm stright through box so i need to get shot of the 1.6 system as it is causing a bit of back presure at about 135mph and you can feel the motor strugle to get past that but when she is over the 135 mark there is no stopping her lol[:D]

·
Registered
220 Posts
The magnaflow sounds good but maybe a little too loud?

Think i will hold out for the miltek cat back non-resonated.

Its just a shame there seems to be no sound clips of any milltek on a V6 4mo floating about!

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I want to keep the rear box as it is T304 high grade stainless it is the midle section that is causing the problem

I have been told that there is a company in swansea called LONG LIFE that will make any system set-up you want but i am not sure what the work is like or even more important the price LOL

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The magnaflow sounds good but maybe a little too loud?

Think i will hold out for the miltek cat abck non-resonated.

ITs just a shame there seems to be no sound clips of nay miltke on a V6 floating about!
LOL a mate of mine did a lap of the ring in my car and i could here this thing lashing it around the track and did not rearlise it was my car untill he hoofed it past and i was stuned as to how good it sounded LOL
A very deep rumble but on a change down loads of popping and bubbleing

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi there

Not sure if you have already fitted a system or not. All I can say as a V6 4motion owner, I have scouted high and low for the best sytem as well as best sounding system for this machine. Having been talked into a custom made stainless steel system, I invested close on ?500 on this system, with 4 respective visits back for re-adjustments, I still didn't find myself satisfied.

I have now fitted a Magnaflow system, only because I was taken by the awesome sound it produced on their website. I still have to have the resonator fitted to cut out a bit of the drone as I still have the old short resonator fro the previous fitment.

All I can say is that this is the best sounding system I have heard for the V6 and am almost there with having a completed system by Magnaflow which I can see myself very satisfied with. I would be more than happy to make an mpeg sound clip for anyone who wants to hear it. Performance wise, certainly much more responsive and torquy, and it takes a lot for me to say that.

Hear them here: http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/04sport.asp

Hope this has been useful.

Bernard

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes please i would love a sound clip

[email protected]

If possible one at idle, one form the outside and one from the inside

I am almost reaady to commit to buying a non-resonated milltek cat-back but only because that would be the 'norm'

·
Registered
231 Posts
The BEST Place I Found For Making Up My Exhaust Was 'Powerflow' (Welsh Coast Customs, Newport, Wales).[:D]

Cost Me Around ?270 From The Cat Back & Sounds Awsome IMO!

Top Workmanship - Top Exhaust!

Worth A Look - www.powerflowexhausts.net

Any Pics Required Of The Exhaust Fitted Just Drop Me A Message!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts