Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people i was just on euro car parts website and they're now selling maf's the genuines/replacements/bosch and then you come to a macht one which is only ?27.83.. now is this correct.. lol as its soo cheap or is this just a cheap part.. im going to give it a go im going to order it this week sometime and post my findings here as they seem to have them for other models also.. maybe this is the next best thing as i was originally going to aprt with ?70 odd and px my maf with the dealers when i can just buy one from here for ?30.. heres a screen print so you can see aswell...

Posted Image

Sat [y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just baught one cost me ?29 and a few pennies i put it before i left euro car parts and all i got to say is BARGAIN... the pick in my golf for 90bhp is so much more dramatic.. makes me feel like i can beat anything off the street lol... i gave a 2.0litre gti a good race on the way back after 60-70 he pulled away but only slightly imo lol but the pick up now is soo much more different and it pulls right to the redline in 1st 2nd and 3rd not tried 4th and 5th yet as it was only a short dual carriageway.. but im might impessed for a ?30 part beat going to the dealers and p/x your old one.. as ive still got my old one aswell.. also the man gave me the housing for the maf also.. is that what is normally given when you buy a maf from the dealers??

So all in all i recommend this maf to everyone... but only time will tell how long this maf lasts for.. so il keep everyone updated.

Sat [y]

·
Registered
176 Posts
Satnam, at what mileage did you change your MAF... as i have a TDi 90 too its nearing 100K with original MAF.. and i can only detect a very slight drop in performance once over 3K rpm.. Just thinking if its worth me getting one yet..

Thanks

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mines only at 62k... and it felt like i had a new car once replacing the maf... i took my brother for a spin and he thought i had a tuning box fitted.. it is very noticeable... i reccomend it as its only ?30 can't go wrong really.. [y]

Sat

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had mine on awesome gti's rolling road at the weekend. It was reccomended I get a new MAF as I still have the original one on and the car has just clocked up79K.

I 'm finding the car seems sluggish at the bottom end of the revs range. Awesome told me that they had fiited a new MAF to a TT which showed similar probs to mine and the owner had told them it felt like a new car!.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can I just add that this price does not include the 1.8T AGU. For a replacement MAF on this model you are looking at ?57.46inc VAT and Del. A Bocsh is over ?70 so cheaper at the dealer!

Seems like a bargin for your car though mate.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How's that MAF going? ?30 does seem incredibly cheap! Did you REALLY notice that much difference from just replacing your MAF?
Maf's going mint mate thanks and yeah i did really notice that much difference felt like a new car...

Sat [y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can I just add that this price does not include the 1.8T AGU. For a replacement MAF on this model you are looking at ?57.46inc VAT and Del. A Bocsh is over ?70 so cheaper at the dealer!

Seems like a bargin for your car though mate.
I think they've only made them for the dervs as dervs are supposedly more affected for some reason.. well thats what the guy said..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
280 Posts
Bought a new maf for my agu from the portland group (on ebay) for ?52,50 incl poatage wich i thought wasn't a bad deal.Only trouble is that was 2 weeks ago and its not turned up yet and the fools wont reply to my emails .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bought a new maf for my agu from the portland group (on ebay) for ?52,50 incl poatage wich i thought wasn't a bad deal.Only trouble is that was 2 weeks ago and its not turned up yet and the fools wont reply to my emails .
If it does ever turn up then let me know if you notice a big difference with the new one, might just go and get one myself as my AGU has always seemed a bit sluggish lower down the rev range, done 86K now....

·
Registered
189 Posts
I went in to my local Europarts on Saturday and asked for one of those Macht MAFs for my TDI. The guy behind the counter said 'I wouldn't bother if I were you as they're sh**e and you'll be lucky if they last a month' Why bother selling them then? Also ?30 is the price you pay if you hand over your old MAF. In the end I took the guy's advice and didn't bother.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went in to my local Europarts on Saturday and asked for one of those Macht MAFs for my TDI. The guy behind the counter said 'I wouldn't bother if I were you as they're sh**e and you'll be lucky if they last a month' Why bother selling them then? Also ?30 is the price you pay if you hand over your old MAF. In the end I took the guy's advice and didn't bother.
My euro car parts guy never asked me for my maf... and he also said the macht maf's are ok aswell... must be some mixed views [:S] the only thing i say mate is just try it and if your not happy with it go return it as the euro car parts have a 12 month return policy on theses i think.. also the guy said to me when it comes near a year pop back with your reciept and il give you a new one lol..

Sat

·
Registered
824 Posts
I just rang to ask if they had any of these in stock in the southampton branch, he said the macht ones are not on an exchange so you keep your old one. He also said 'Are you keeping the car for a long time? Cos you get what you pay for is all I can say' But my maf was only replaced last year and it's knackered so I'd rather pay less and change it thanks! Getting one of the macht ones this afternoon, we'll see if it's any good...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Fitted it last night, works much better than the one it replaced! MPG is up as well which was the main problem, it's increased by about 5 or 6 on a journey that I do every day at the same time, speed etc.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fitted it last night, works much better than the one it replaced! MPG is up as well which was the main problem, it's increased by about 5 or 6 on a journey that I do every day at the same time, speed etc.
Glad you found it good.. so hopefully this will make the non-believers [:p] just go out and try one themselves [:D]

Sat [y]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts