Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It must have been about a month or so since i last washed my car , it looked like a right swamp donkey. Put my new wheels on and thought it deserved a good `ole clean and some pics.

Thanks to J111ASE for the wheels

They are 16" steels wrapped in Continental Conti Sports. Im quite liking the look ive achieved.

Now all i have to do is paint the rear wheel bolt heads as im using aftermarket bolts due to 15mm rear spacers

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
The Intercepter has arrived!!![:p]

Are these your winter wheels Troll? Looking good BTW[Y]

Even better with your new plates on! lol

GOOF

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they are winter wheels but i do actually like the look! So i might just run steelies through the summer too [:D]

Ive taken my sport alloys off at the point where theres about 3 - 4 mm tred left on them so i can sell them alright, couldnt justify putting new tyres on them just to last the winter.

Cant wait to get my new plates on! Whats the delivery date on them again?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ooh, almost forgot to say, do you want the money up front for the plates? I can sort you out whenever. Like i said i dont want you slapping my plates on your car and going through speed cameras [;)]

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I'll give you a bell when they arrive and you can come and collect them.Just give me the wonga when you pick them up bro. We could have a group plate fitting at mine if you want.LOL[:p]

Oh yeah....should have my rear lights by then;so you can give me a hand with them as well !!!!!!![:D]

GOOF

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill bring my Wonga, dont worry about that [;)] Want me to pick up some mega sticky double sided number plate sticky things from work? They stick like something to a blanket and last for ages. But if need be you can always pull the plates off fairly easily. I think thats how im going to attach my surrounds , i dont like putting screws into my car [:)]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Certainly looking clean mate[Y]

Don't like the steelie thing though[N] especially not in the summer!
Thanks mate, On a serious note if i will be putting some 18" alloys on it when summer comes. At this moment in time i would like ASA AR1`s (the ones with black centres, polished lip) I want to stick black wheels on definatly. Just didnt think my Sport alloys suited it and looked out of place.

Steelies are still doing it for me though [A]

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
The steelie are a marmite thing Tee Dee Eye. I think it looks alright IMO. It gives it that stock car look,plus you dont fuubar your nice shiny alloys up in the winter. lol!!!

Bring some of them sticky pads up Troll[Y] That would be great.[:D] The plates I have on now have been screwed on[:(] and i'm not going down that route again.

What wheels are you saving up for BTW?

GOOF

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Hey looking good! Theres just something about the steelie look! [:D]

Hope you do get those ASA AR1s troll, cos they would look absolutely mental [Y]

Andy [:)]

·
Registered
857 Posts
looking sweet on the steelies! looks nice against the paint and the tints. what you getting for summer? have you thought about mecedes rims?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
The steelie are a marmite thing Tee Dee Eye. I think it looks alright IMO. It gives it that stock car look,plus you dont fuubar your nice shiny alloys up in the winter. lol!!!

GOOF
Agree, can't stand marmite either LOL[;)]

Agree again Got my oem 16's on at the moment, however might put the 17's on for the meet next Sunday

John

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys.

The joey mod is on my list to do, just need to source some new headlamps, or new headlamp lens if you can get them. The lens that are on at the moment are slightly burnt and chipped / scratched..

German plates will be going on over this weekend when i pick them up off Goof.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Looks quite cool on the steels...I'd like a set for the winter and so I can get my RS6's refurb'd....they're lookin a bit manky. The ASA's you're on about would look really nice on your motor Daz

1 - 18 of 18 Posts