Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
558 Posts
Must be an American video. I've never heard the argument settled, but American 1/4 miles can not be the same as English. Remember in The Fast and the Furious..."you owe me a 10sec car"...if Dubweiser's mk1, Dubsport's mk3 and the Dialynx short quattro are all getting 11sec quarters with 600bhp+ and 4wd how much power would a rwd Supra have to have? And how would it get that power down? Also, 8sec area is super fuel territory. Was it road standard?

Not doubting what you've put, but I've never understood about the difference.

· Registered
558 Posts
Can't find it on the website (damn language barrier). I presume as you referred to boost you were talking about the 200sx. I did the 1/4 in 12.5 secs with a 0-60mph of under 4secs and a terminal speed of about 115mph. If this car was in road going trim (ie no slicks and/or tyres a foot wide) I don't see how a rwd car could run almost 4secs faster. Another thing, top fuel cars run these sort of times and aren't their terminal speeds around the 200mph mark?

Again, not rubbishing you just trying to work it out.

· Registered
558 Posts
Either 4x4 or running serious wide slicks.  I can't see it getting beneath 4secs 0-60, plus at least 0.6sec reaction time...well its only then got another 4secs to go from 60mph to 160mph and cover the rest of the drag strip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.