Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at a BMW dealer yesterday and got seduced by the look of a M3 convertible.

It looked a bit like this one....

Posted Image

However, it had cinnamon leather ...

Would you buy one ???

·
Registered
23 Posts
Get an M3 by all means, but some owners have been less than impressed by the rattles in the cab.

I used to have one, and now I'm shot of the R32, its on my list of cars again. RS4 is also worthy of your dosh :)

Jonathan

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Wish

Make sure its done more than 10,000 miles Cos they have a habbit of blowing up at around the 9 - 10k
SMG only surely Wish? And thats a limited problem on the early ones isnt it?

Carl, you dont even need to ask me [;)]

·
Registered
48 Posts
there's a lightweight CSL version of the m3 coming out which will be quicker than standard. go for that one if you can!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quote:

Originally posted by andoni

there's a lightweight CSL version of the m3 coming out which will be quicker than standard. go for that one if you can!
I aint got £60k to spend [:(!][:(!]

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by CarlT

quote:

Originally posted by andoni

I aint got £60k to spend [:(!][:(!]
Pah! Peasant! [;)]

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
A mate of mine had one for 4 months and got so fed up with it locking him in the car/out of the car and not starting because it would be stuck in gear and he would have to get out and rock it backwards and forwards (if it hadn't locked him in of course) that he complained, bmw replaced it with another new one, he kept that for a month and sold it 3 weeks ago for a 330 coupe sport in stead which he thinks is a much better car if you do any miles and in day to day driving not that much slower.

He said it was a lovely car but had 2 faults, one was it's electrics the other it was so bloody fast he was amazed he still had a licence.

Saying that another mate here at works had one for about 18 months and loves it to bits and says it only has one fault - too bloody fast!

2 of my mates also run 996's both carrera's and they love them more than life itself, given the choice I think I would go for the porker. But you need a major bank balance to keep them on the road. They say that you need to keep about 3 grand in the bank for THAT service, the one that they find a fault, apperentley your not a true porsche owner until you get the big bill.

J.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by marriedblonde

He said it was a lovely car but had 2 faults, one was it's electrics the other it was so bloody fast he was amazed he still had a licence.

Saying that another mate here at works had one for about 18 months and loves it to bits and says it only has one fault - too bloody fast!
LOL gotta love the 330Ci....great car

·
Registered
895 Posts
i'd like to get one when i replace this car of mine in 3/4 years time. my ideal one would be an M3 SMGII Convertible in sapphire black with red leather interior. hmm, sounds nice! [:D]

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
The SMG equiped cars are amazing, the launch control is mucho, mucho fun... Just ask the guys at the boat yard, 1am in the morning doing standing starts showing off the launch control feature - lacking a sense of humour. Secure car parks with security and camera's do have there down sides....

J.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
£52k for a new one.

There's a guy on eBay with 3x for sale at cut price (all new) and available right away.

Ask Daniel if you should get one, eh Dan??!! LOL!!

For my £50k, i would have to have a s/h Porker or an RS4.............but then again, it's all hypothetical in my case!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Theres a fully loaded M3 SMG met. black with red leather interior/19"s sat nav etc, etc in my local BMW dealers for £45K - it's my mates one he returned, they actually gave him list back when he Px'd it in...

J.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts