Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Quote: posted by squky clean on 12/10/2004 23:52:03

Driven a couple and at first seemed fast, but in reality they are nothing special.......355 does the trick at the moment for me:)

On the CSL beg to differ. But in terms of fast the F355 (I assume that's what you meant) is really not a comparator. A standard M3 is easily a match fo a F355 (excluding the top speed) which (F355) is in no way a match for the CSL, but the noise and if its a F355 spider then I could see why that would be more attractive[;)]

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes its a spider.

I had, had a few cans of kronney when posted original message, its not even a F355 its a F360[:eek:)] Would post a pic if i had the ability to.

Its not a comparison to the CSL, but IMO the CSL is an o.k car...Maybe im just spoiled as i deal with high performace cars all day....No offence meant...opps havin a play in a Gallardo friday, Black with cream leather:)))

·
Registered
385 Posts
SMGII transmission fitted to both M3 [and CSL] shifts at 80ms - this is quicker than the ?12,000 optional F1 transmission fitted to the 360 Modena! Oh and delimited an E46 M3 will do 175-181mph! Not bad for a tarted up 3 series

Given the choice though [and money!] I'd pick a Ferrari over a Beemer anyday! Who wouldn't?!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Irish: You are very right! I get very upset driving past my local BMW dealer these days, a lot full of ugly tat...

RS2002: I think that shows just how good the M3 CSL is - that it gets compared to Porsche 911s and Ferrari 360s. It loses, yes but to be able to bat at that level is some achievement. Fab car, but shame about the M3s questionable image...

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Gotta be the Ferrari everytime TBH the M3 (in 'most' incarnations) is a bit too common for my liking, wont deny its a competent car, it just doesnt do it for me, and TBH its image is very drug dealerish IE out of every 5 I see 4 have thugs driving them.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Trouble is 3 series is sooo common site on the road these days, you could

easily pass one by and not know it.

I wouldnt spend that sort of money on what looks like a rep mobile with big wheels.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I don't think a BMW M3 - especially a CSL - looks anything like a bogg standard 3 Series to be honest, just like a 1.4 Golf on 14" steelies looks nothing like an R32. Its just such a shame about the M3s dodgy image

[:(]

Quote: posted by andymac on 22/10/2004 20:50:43

Gotta be the Ferrari everytime TBH the M3 (in 'most' incarnations) is a bit too common for my liking,

Well I think most people would choose a ?95,000+ car over a ?40-?60,000 car, not much of a choice to make there really.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Quote: posted by andymac on 22/10/2004 20:50:43

..out of every 5 I see 4 have thugs driving them.

You must live in a very dodgy neighbourhood mate!
Posted Image

I tend to find that it is the earlier model (E36) M3s which have now got into the hands of troublemakers - where I live and commute to work, most new models (E46) M3s are driven by professionals.

Agree with Mike, for the money there are not many cars out there that come close in their stakes of power, luxury and versatility.

Oh and I regularly mistake a 1.4 Golf for an R32 -It's an easy mistake to make [:eek:)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts