Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered 2 x Electric Lupo door mirrors painted in my car colour for ?200 delivered, is this a good price?

Will these fit straight onto my 5 door 4Mo?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Sounds a good price to me

Not sure off hand the price of the mirrors, will have to check tomorrow, but bodyshops around here normally charge around ?30 to paint a mirror cover

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Have looked into this myself and i believe you need to split both sets of mirrors golf/bora and the lupo you need the golf/bora bases and the lupo glass and mirror cover requires splitting at the hinge i think dont quote me though

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
^^^ red-jeffers you're spot on mate. You could do it with Polo mirrors too.

But, the Lupo mirrors aren't heated as far as I know :eek:(

so ?200 is not bad IF they come ready prepped to fit a mk4, and are heated, electric, blue aspherical glass etc.. You could get yourself a set from eBay a bit cheaper though if you have a good look, bear in mind on the continent, their passenger side (our driver side) are all the 'stubby' type as standard. That's one bought for cheap --- now all you need to do is source a 'Jap spec' passenger side mirror, I have seen them crop up occasionally on t'bay :eek:) good luck

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
'OEM Quality Replacement Parts'
not even genuine VW bits - like pattern parts - not bad I imagine, but for ?250!

I got some for a fair bit less than that, bought separately

·
Registered
266 Posts
^^^ red-jeffers you're spot on mate. You could do it with Polo mirrors too. But, the Lupo mirrors aren't heated as far as I know :eek:( so ?200 is not bad IF they come ready prepped to fit a mk4, and are heated, electric, blue aspherical glass etc.. You could get yourself a set from eBay a bit cheaper though if you have a good look, bear in mind on the continent, their passenger side (our driver side) are all the 'stubby' type as standard. That's one bought for cheap --- now all you need to do is source a 'Jap spec' passenger side mirror, I have seen them crop up occasionally on t'bay :eek:) good luck
If they are GTI lupo ones they are, as my GTI Lupo has heated mirrors for sure

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
What size ones are you looking for kirade??

The drivers side one is 150x105 but the passenger side one is 130x105 or 130x90

·
Registered
432 Posts
hi ,

am i the guy with the bora on e38

as said you can only use the glass,covers and the alloy mirror part from the lupo you need to swap these bits onto the golf/bora mirror base.

you can use your elec motor etc and also source heated lupo/polo glass.

i can source some from europe for 200ukp delivered for both stubby mirrors with blue glass inc. elec adj,heated completely plug/play i found a supplier once i converted mine

they are the same as the ebay sellers shown above.

craigv

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
hi ,

as said you can only use the glass,covers and the alloy mirror part from the lupo you need to swap these bits onto the golf/bora mirror base.

i can source some from europe for 200ukp delivered for both stubby mirrors with blue glass inc. elec adj,heated completely plug/play i found a supplier once i converted mine

craigv
Are they RHD?

·
Registered
287 Posts
hi ,

craigv
Are they RHD?
teh only way I can see it would matter is for when you s elect the R setting to adjust it adjusts both - but I doubt that is decided by the mirrors?!?!?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
hi ,

craigv
Are they RHD?
teh only way I can see it would matter is for when you s elect the R setting to adjust it adjusts both - but I doubt that is decided by the mirrors?!?!?
Shouldn't matter as its the motors that are controlled. It was the mirror glass i wondered about, is it not different for LHD?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
The glass on the UK driver's side (?uro passenger side) isn't aspherical for blind spots like the OEM UK glass is. I haven't fitted mine yet so I can't comment on the useability of it but I'll let you know :eek:)

·
Registered
432 Posts
the glass i have and can source is convex it doesn't have the blind spot line thing but the vision they produce is fine and never had a problem with them as good as the stock mirror.

even my wife doesn't complain about it so their cannot be much difference i will see if i can post some pics later.

the only thing that would be different is the angle of the drivers mirror if you look at my pics the mirror housings are at different angles as per the stock mirrors.if you buy the euro/jap mirror combo the mirror housings are at the same angle due to them being both passenger mirrors.i do not think this will cause problems as euroslag aka miketdi runs with these and has never complained.

craigv

1 - 17 of 17 Posts