Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

My car went in for a new boot lock today (corroded thanks to previous leaking washer issue) and also to have its wash pipes cable tied.

The boot lock's gone in ok, and I have a boot interior light for the first time since I've owned the car (hooray!)

But the manager has advised there is a problem in that now, the luggage compartment open message and light is staying on even with the boot shut. Not getting the flash from the indicators when I lock it either.

They are going to have it back to get it sorted, but I wondered if I could get a heads-up from anyone here as to what it might be, given that it's all new parts now?

I did notice the little bit of plastic trim around the bolt the lock goes into isn't there any more, could that have something to do with it?

Cheers!

·
Registered
934 Posts
is it actually the lock/handle they replaced or the latch that you can see when the boot is open. if the last bit was not replaced it may be faulty as those symptoms seem to be the car thinking the boot is open. Does the alarm go off randomly?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts