Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG!!!

I know you get a disconcerting "ping" when it reaches four degrees...

but yesterday morning, it reached a massive........

MINUS FIVE!!!!!!!!!

i got ANOTHER ping at that temperature!!

whats the lowest you've seen?

·
Registered
476 Posts
-15 in Fort William last week. Not that unusual for the time of year, but when you've been living dahn sarf for the last while, it's a bit of a novelty.

Got back down to (tropical) Berkshire on Saturday night at 0.5c and the neighbours were panic buying - WTF!?

Cheers,

Craig.

·
Registered
476 Posts
BTW, who else craps themselves when the 'ping' goes!? Come on, admit it......you get relief when you see it's only the temperature[:eek:)]

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Quote: posted by Craig_C on 04/03/2005 08:59:46

BTW, who else craps themselves when the 'ping' goes!? Come on, admit it......you get relief when you see it's only the temperature[:eek:)]

PMSL - yes Craig I do![B)]

·
Registered
59 Posts

I wouldn't go as far as to say I crap meself, but you are right, its very disconcerting but it always gets my attention.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Last week the first week of driving my golf I got the pleasure of the 'ping', nearly took it back to the garage before I worked it out!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Quote: posted by david_h on 04/03/2005 09:28:00

I wouldn't go as far as to say I crap meself, but you are right, its very disconcerting but it always gets my attention.

i definately crap myself when it pings cos when i first got the car it pinged and it was the oil warning!

The other one that annoys me is the washer filler reminder! [}:)]

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

too right.......

cruising along at 60 "ping" WTF!!!!!.......

it enough to cause an accident!!!

then i peer sheepishly at the dash, and breathe a sigh of relief as i see the temp warning flashing.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I hate it when my car screams at me when it wants a service, but bongs when its just warning about ice. I wish it was the other way round.

OH and I saw -6.5 sunday night driving from KingsLynn to Norwich in a blizzard!

·
Registered
752 Posts
hahaha so true.. I crapped myself when my washer fluid ran out this morning.. the long beep came right after the 'pong' for the temperature.. ah dear. [B)]

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ahhh double whammy Aberdeengti.

Last week, I got the temperature, followed by the washer, followed by the oil. Was on the way back down from Scotland and checked everything a few days before, but with the time of year, the washer goes quick and with this car (2.0), it guzzles oil. The missus always laughs at my reaction to the ping - i crap myself in case it's something involing handing my wallet to the stealer! (she doesn't realise the seriousness of a visit to VW stealer)

Wonder if VAG COM could disable this as i'm going though trousers at a fast reate this time of year[:I][:D] Driving with the bike clips on as well.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
When I'm driving and it gets colder, my 'ping' pings, but when I start the car from 4*c or lower, it doesn't ping, it just flashes. I managed to turn it off without meaning to - when I reset my service interval!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
no ping here.

i just have a quick look down to see what the time is and it changed back to temp (this is when the temp is hovering between 4 and 5 C).

however i do have old clocks where the MF thing is built into the clock display.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts