Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just had my highsports fitted by awesomes and what a brill job they have done too the ride is a bit stiffer but a lot more enjoyable to drive they said they have lowered it just enough so as it doesnt hit the anti roll bars but i just wanted to know if theres any other options off going lower than fitting an expensive arb or is there any cheaper arb's out there?  

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I really think the only option is Eibach ARB but there are none in the country at the moment. I don't think R32 one's will fit your car.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I'd consider the ARBs if i were you. Remember they aren't just there to lower the car, they also stiffen up the chassis and improves cornering

·
Registered
96 Posts
Don't FK do one,as i thought Venom sold them for about ?100.

What about the ARB Droplinks aswell,as they are only about ?50 aren't they??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks i will have to look into that i have'nt seen any fk arb's but i will defo have a look, also what do the arb droplinks do?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi mate, just had mine lowered on Highsports aswell and they are great.
But mine's too low, so it's hitting the ARB. Also wondering what ARB's
to get, let me know if you hear anything ......

Posted Image

·
Registered
626 Posts
SOPE/GTI-ED

How do you find the ride quality with the fk highsports, As i have been thinking of getting some.

T.I.A

Phil

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think the droplinks do as they say,and drop the arb a bit further,although maybe not by as much as an actual arb,it obviously depends on just how low you want to take it.

Try phoning either Gwent VW or Venom,as they both seem very experienced imo,and they will tell you what would be best.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i havent got one yet, im waiting till i get some fk highsports in a couple of months, but from reading the information on venom it seems like itll do the trick. probably best to give em a call to make sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi mate, i got fk highsports n fk arb from venom, service was spot on delivered in 2 days. arb was ?100 all in, the cars now lowered approx 75-80mm with no troubles (apart from the occational extreme speedbump) luvin it!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Cool , thanks x1. Just phoned Venom, but they don't deliver to Dublin, so I'm gonna have to make another plan. Good to know that the FK ARB will do the trick tho

Cheers

·
Registered
445 Posts
i have highsports fitted and a eibach arb along with drop links and it still catches on full lock if im going very slow.if you go fast its fine as the body roll moves them futher apart. you will find if you have an early car it will have a fatter drive shaft and you will have move problems.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I fitted my highsports last night and been out for a drive today and theres something knocking really bad. It only seems to happen when i go slow and turn right, im guessing its my ARB rubbing. How much damage does it do, because i need to drive down south for the weekend and cant do anyting about it till monday!

·
Registered
406 Posts
sounds like the same problem as me - i've had it like this for a month
or so, but i've ordered a Neusped ARB whihc should sort out the problem
, i'll let you know

·
Registered
445 Posts
it will not do to much harm short term. if you put full lock on and go a little faster then it will not be so bad.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sope,

If Venom won't deliver to Ireland,try this company,as i have used them a couple of times now for different things,and they seem spot on.

A P C - 01761 410033.

I nearly bought a set of wheels from Ireland and phoned them and they said they would do it,and i would have them in two days.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts