Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
oh I dunno, looks a fair difference to me, though its not helped by the different angles!

In your not lowered pic, it looks like you'd get a fist through the gap between rear wheel and arch, same can't be said of the "after" pic

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the badge on the back says allroad from the audi so if you guys approve then i might have to remove them

Posted Image

Posted Image

better like this saves clicking

·
Registered
98 Posts
You have to lower the golf quite a lot before it looks obviously lowered.

They have huge arches which swallow up wheel quite easily, and start off quite

high. I lowered mine 50mm using eibach's and koni's and not many people noticed

it was lowered. The difference in handling was incredible though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi There,

Your car looks very nice with the spring change[:D]

I got mine fitted last week and although 30mm isn't a massive drop the handling and ride is a hell of a lot better than before. Mine only has 16" wheels on, so doens't look at c[:D][:D]l as yours with 18" on[8)][8)].

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no mate that looks cool but also where the bottom of your bumpers are painted that makes a difference and makes the car look lower, that is on my list of things to do, but looks good mate i have been told that the front springs on mine are 25mm and the rear is 30 and they are sorting out the 30mm fronts to make it look right, on some of the cars 25 front and 30 rear makes it even but not on my car

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Looks very good to me mate, i'm going with -30mm Eibach's on my Bora and would be very happy if the ride height turns out like yours as it's like a land rover at the moment! [:I]

Can't wait to get them fitted now [^]

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it did look a little high before thats why i fitted the allroad badges to it, kind of a joke between all my mates and me but i can remove them now

also what is a good price to pay for eibachs as i can get the 30mm ones inc vat and delivery for about ?145 if thats not to expensive if you are interested please pm me

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I am not bragging, I am just informing.... ha!

But looking back I would pay the full retail anyway as I am that impressed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To b19prm

"anyone else had there car lowered with these i got the pro kit and it seems to have made hardly any difference at all or not maybe as much as i had hoped!!!"

M8 tell me something is the spring reference 8561.140 ?

Thank's

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've had mine lowered for about 3 weeks now on 30mm Eibach pro kit with 18"'s. At first not a great drop and I was dissapointed but they have definately settled lower now three weeks on and it looks just right now [:D][:D]

·
Registered
132 Posts
Quote: posted by AndrewM on 26/08/2004 13:58:29

Quote: posted by RickyD on 25/08/2004 16:11:12

After

Posted Image

MUDFLAPS!!! I mean, mudflaps would look cool

Hi There,

I've got some mudflaps in the garage, although I never put them back on once the valances were colour coded as I thought it may look odd.

Cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts