Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to lower ma car a fair bit cos its new and i'm experiencing a lot of body roll. Can anyone help recommend any kits or provide me with any links to any decent websites that i can have a look at and compare stock ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If you want some FK kit, speak to R1GTI (drop him a pm), he's a canny lad (don't let that go to your head Rich) and extremely well priced!

I'm looking forward to my Konigsports coming...whenever that might be!! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you ! both of you !

I dont know the first thing about suspension or lowering so will have a look at that site ad PM that guy you mentioned and also have a good read through these forum when I get a chance hopefully tomorrow.

always said the first thing i would do is put sounds in it but this suspension is doing ma head in !

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Which model you got? If you don't mind me askin? Also, what kinda budget are you looking at for suspension mods?

Should go for ARB's, perhaps and some strut braces to help with the roll. DemonTweeks.co.uk were doing a deal for members of the forum on Eibach Anti roll bars...i got them, well pleased. Also, i'm trying to sort some S3 strut braces. Have a bit search round and a read.

Stew

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a silver 3 door TDI 115 bhp 2002 plate

looks like a jeep just now with the 15" alloys and the high suspension LOL

Budget . . . mmmm . . .as cheap as possible but without going and buying poor stuff . . . About 150 - 200 ?

Thanks again for that mate !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so what i'm looking to get is shocks, springs maybe replace the bushes and think about getting anti roll bars too ?

nice one wil get saving and try and find the cheapest source . . .need to get a job first of all though . . . doh !

thanks all ![:D]

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'd just go for the eibach springs first if your budget is small...and you need your car lowering

Good luck, let us know what you go for!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Met a few old work mates for lunch there and mentioned to one about lowering it and he said for the extra money it would be well worth going for adjustable coilovers . . . ?

does that include coils and springs in it?

That allow for modification to the height aswell.

would the afore mentioned brand be a good one to go for ?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
R1GTI is doing a good deal on FK coilovers. The Highsports (abt ?400) will allow you to adjust the height, the Konigsports (abt ?530) allow you to adjust height and damping. It's all about budget really...

There are many manufacturers of spring/shock combos and coilovers...some people like the Eibach springs and Koni shocks...some people like the FK kit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice one mate . . .its a lot of money though init . . . .wow

Think i'd be better with ur first option and get the coilover when ive got a better job . . . oh wait a minute . . . need to get a job first before i can get a better one . . .

i would hit the saving for them but i dont got any.

The idea of using one of ma visa cards sounds great though . . . just need to get them down from there limit first LOL

Doesnt look like am gonna get these anytime soon [:(] . . .might just use some wood clamps from the shed and some vice's for extra strength[??]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice one mate . . .its a lot of money though init . . . .wow

Think i'd be better with ur first option and get the coilover when ive got a better job . . . oh wait a minute . . . need to get a job first before i can get a better one . . .

i would hit the saving for them but i dont got any.

The idea of using one of ma visa cards sounds great though . . . just need to get them down from there limit first LOL

Doesnt look like am gonna get these anytime soon [:(] . . .might just use some wood clamps from the shed and some vice's for extra strength[??]

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Haha...we all gotta start somewhere...it's no fun saving up! Just make sure that when you spend your money, you don't waste it on second rate parts, cos you'll only regret it in the long run...

The springs should be within your budget...so start with them...get the shocks done later, twice the labour cost, but at least you won't be piloting a boat!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Quote: posted by Eastman on 11/10/2004 14:30:19

Sorry to nick the topic here but:

RJH is that a pic of your car? are your runing 17" Monty IIs? Any more pics?

No sorry, that isn't my car, that's just my signature pic!

Posted Image

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL . . .RJH That my initials . . . .includoing middle name . . . i not been on for a while if you r wondering why im replying to old posts LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts