Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

After having Golf Gti's since I was 19 years old, bought my first diesel golf. And Love it.

It Pulls nice and hard more than my 1.8 t did, just got to get use to the sound lol.

The car has a fsh, 2 owners from new, got it booked in for a full service, cam belt and water pump week on saturday.

Been advised not to remap as it can damage the gear box so think I will leave alone.

Will get callipers painted up once the weather gets better.

Any advice well come

Matt

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome! Glad you're enjoying the motor, have a good hunt and read around this website, there's lots of things you can do to maintain as well as mod your car, I am going to get a remap but I'm going to leave it for as long as possible till the point when I get bored of the car!

·
You ain't seen me, right?
3,778 Posts
love my remap

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome mate! Same as you GTI petrols and now first deisel I'll never go back! Loads of MODS on this site and loads of pic's to show how to do! Check out the classifieds too for bit n pieces!

John

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the 130 model. Colour concept recaro black heated leather.
My 1.8 t was Remapped and had no problems, but this tdi pulls and fuel economy so properly won't bother with remap. Think I will keep standard. I modified last golf and didn't tell insurance. So they didn't pay out. Lesson learnt.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They didn't know it was Remapped. The problem was that I had lowered the car. They clamping down on paying out if lowered they told me. So if any of you have it lowered I would inform them or your insurance could be void .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts