was having trouble streaming it to the 360 so hadn't watched it. Ended
up missing the middle of the 3 episodes so need to watch that when I
can. I thought the very last one could have had more going on in it
though. The flashbacks seemed longer than ever to me though it was
interesting to see the interactions of some of the characters on the
plane as they were boarding.

What's the story with the Others? Are they a set of paedos or
something? Don't know about other people but I'm not waiting for the
next series to air, I'm getting it now!!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
must admit I was fairly disappointed with the last 2 hours. didn't really explain anything.

The best bit was the geography teacher blowing himself up, I really wasn't expecting that and it made me jump

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Its not meant to explain anything just yet, its a cliff hanger. I'm still not to sure whats going on and i've watched the first 9 episodes of the 2nd series (watching 10 tonight[:p]).

The bit where Arst blows up made my fiancee jump too, made me jump when I first watched it...

So what do you reckon on the 'monster'???

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Love the show, the one thing that REALLY pee's me off is the adverts. The programme don't even get to the starting credits and we have the ad's!

I didnt think the finale would show us much to be honest, wouldnt make people go and buy it etc.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
i loved it

did anyone catch the preview of the next season?

it starts in spring which is cool but i'm tempted to just get it now

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Love the show, the one thing that REALLY pee's me off is the adverts. The programme don't even get to the starting credits and we have the ad's!

I didnt think the finale would show us much to be honest, wouldnt make people go and buy it etc.
Ditto that G. Kate and I were like "WTF.. not ANOTHER ad break !" The shortest segment was six minutes long. Six soddin' minutes ! I'd have been better taping it and just whizzing through the ad's. Still, that must have been channel fours biggest audience in quite a while, so they were always gonna milk the ad's for as much ????'s as possible.

The best bit was the geography teacher blowing himself up, I really wasn't expecting that and it made me jump
Seriously ? .. even though he was waving it about and saying "Nitro Glycerine is very unstable".. and the music in the background was doing the "Somethings gonna happen" tune ? Maybe I just expected the unexpected [:S] [:p]

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Yeah, that was the best bit by far..... not impressed. They need to give us more to grasp onto.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Trust me the second series more than makes up for the ending. I gave up on the C4/E4 shows a few weeks ago after the adverts started to roll even before the Lost title came up! If it wasn't the adverts, its only 45mins tops.

Not sure if you guys noticed (those that havent seen S2 yet) but there was a certain cameo in an episode about 2/3 weeks ago. [:p]

From what I've seen so far, it is fast becoming what I thought it was all along. Though even the writers don't know how it will all end so I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
must admit I was fairly disappointed with the last 2 hours. didn't really explain anything.

What, and unknown character who has not said a word for 4 months, suddenly in the main action, with nitro glycerine.....................??

I thought how completely contrived it was, a real cumbersome bit of writing by the usually clever scriptwriters!!

He was a bit like the star trek guys in the plain red tops that you knew were gunna get creamed as soon as they all beamed down!

Oh, who spotted the next series trailer, the japanese guy speaks english perfectly!?

Who was the cameo by Rayban, i may have spotted something but forget now!?

·
Registered
586 Posts
In a flashback, Jack was speaking to a girl at the airport played by Michelle Rodriguez of GirlFight, Fast and Furious, Resident Evil fame.

BTW, totally agree with the Star Trek red custome guy syndrome. Also Jin IS Korean NOT Jap [:p]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts

What, and unknown character who has not said a word for 4 months, suddenly in the main action, with nitro glycerine.....................??

Oh, who spotted the next series trailer, the japanese guy speaks english perfectly!?
Lol.. it was fairly predictable wasn't it.

Yeah we saw that too.. we both looked at each other like "Huh.. ? He's speaking perfect english !"

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Seriously ? .. even though he was waving it about and saying "Nitro Glycerine is very unstable".. and the music in the background was doing the "Somethings gonna happen" tune ? Maybe I just expected the unexpected [:S] [:p]
Well I must have switched off because usually I'm pretty well trying to second guess everything.

Anyway I was sitting in the dark watching with my headphones on and thinking to myself what a dick that guy was being and the BANG lol made me jump anyway.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I loved it too, i must admit i saw the Arzt thing was gonna happen but it still made me almost leap out of bed! It was a damn good episode but i wish someone had asked Lock what the hell the thing was that he saw!

Last week when it chased Arzt i knew it was mechanical as you could here things whirring when it walked and last night confirmed that but what the hell is it?

How have the others got a boat and petrol/diesel? That island must be more advanced than we thought. I loved Michaels comment on the boat - "how is this island so big it has not been discovered?"

The thing with Walt was creepy as hell but it was obvious it was bad when the others started talking- they couldn't have sailed to America that quick! I didn't see the trailer but guessed Jin could speak English - everytime someone like Michael shouted at him or when his missus said in English she loved him he paused as if he knew what they said.

I doubt i can wait till the spring, i'll be downloading it. Where is the best place to get it from?

Oh and Hurley was great as ever "flames and dynamite makes no sense to me"- walking through the jungle with ultra unstable dynamite sticks weeping nitro glycerine carrying flaming torches to show the way [:D]

·
Registered
642 Posts
i love this, i was on the edge of my seat all night..

waiting to find out the truth and they stitched us up!

WTF is that about...

not one answer to anything going on, on that island i was so dissapointed!!!

Im gonna have to buy the second series on DVD cause i cant wait till the spring to start off again!

But on the plus side, desperate housewives starts again next week [:D]

lol

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Rachael - I doubt the 2nd series will be out on dvd in the U.S for another 2-3 months??[:'(]

Edited: You have PM Blue V5 -

Cheers Ray.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'll delete the post about BT if I was you Lee [:p] otherwise moderators might.

Season 2 has some time to run in the US! Its only on episode 10 at the moment which means (if S1 is anything to go by) that there is at least another 14 episodes to go.

Have to admit, I'd spent most of the festive period watching S2 as I was getting fed up of people telling me in advance what happened (and I won't do it back to you guys) and tbh, some of it is what i expected to happen but I'm still none the wiser in some of the questions.

The thing I find most annoying, and it happens in S1 and S2, is that they would find something and then drag it out for a few episodes before dealing with it. Take the hatch for example.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts