Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some opinion on what people think about this ............ will i lose or gain value on my 124k mile PD150 if i was to convert it to a 1.8t 225 bhp from the tt on 80k miles?

Cheers, Jay.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Yes i would of thought so. As Diesel will always hold value. Then if you swap out an engine alot of people will then go "im not buying a car thats had a new engine etc etc"

·
Registered
731 Posts
Simply due to the current fuel price trends, stay diesel [N] [cry]

TBH, you'd probably halve the value of your car, and it'd probably make more sense to sell your car, and buy one with a 1.8T already in it. You might even make some money [:O]

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
all of above plus... changing from derv to pet aint just about popping a engine and ecu out and in. Fuel tank, lines, pump all has to be changed, different looms, clocks blah blah blah, S3 is not FWD so you will be cutting the floor to add the quattro system. tho you could take the engine out the Cupra to solve this prob. in short..... LONG.COM!!

from the money you would spend on a conversion you could tune fk out the derv and you will make a TT look stupid anyway!

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
paradox dont tell me things like that... i have a mk2 golf shell gagging for a BAM lump! lol
OMD can I have it!!

If you dont buy it then we aint friends no more. it comes with everything, engine,loom,subframe. pretty much everything you need for hte conversion plus more. go on you know it makes sense.

just make sure I get a ride in it!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
paradox dont tell me things like that... i have a mk2 golf shell gagging for a BAM lump! lol
OMD can I have it!!

If you dont buy it then we aint friends no more. it comes with everything, engine,loom,subframe. pretty much everything you need for hte conversion plus more. go on you know it makes sense.

just make sure I get a ride in it!
go away man.... [lol-lol]

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow ummmmm blimey lol i best explain some more.

The only reason i thought about converting my TDI 150 to the BAM 225bhp tt/s3 engine is because i need a PD150 to tear apart and i will have a spare bam engine/ecu ....

I want to convert the TT to PD150 (this is the car i want for myself).

My PD150 would be left in a sorry state with no engine/ecu/box/many other parts.

The 225 BAM engine/ecu and everything from the TT will be just lying about ...... i thought if i could put everything from the TT into my PD150 then i would have a working mk4 golf again (225bhp BAM petrol FWD).

I am staying on the dark side, im a diesel geek. The TT BAM engine is not what i want. I want the TT with diesel power but at the same time dont want to lose £ by destroying my 2003 3door PD150's value.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also aswell as it being expensive and long to do, you won't be able to race your mate in the scooby and show him up if it's not a derv stick to the dark side
Lol, you dont think hes going to be scared of my diesel engine just because its in a TT quattro do you?

He would still more than be up for the race.

If i dont go ahead with the TT then my golf PD150 will still end up with the mods i have planned....... and on that track day with my mate.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
i would say Sell the PD150 as a whole if you can find a suitable engine fore sale seperately, by far the best choice. if not then maybe see what you can make from selling the BAM engine seperately(£1500ish?) and then break the golf, if it is good nick then you could make a fair bit from all the interior/body panels/exhaust and the rest of it......

Food for thought/

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mcpickering i did think of the option of selling a full BAM conversion kit, i would of thought there would be a demand for that.I have no idea what such a kit would cost though (engine/ecu/turbo/etc).

I just had the impression a magic black 3 door on a 2003 running a BAM 225 conversion would be in demand (enough to sell for same as if it was a diesel 150). It seems thats not the case.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will the pd running gear fit into the TT ok?
The TT running gear will be staying in the TT, i will have some gearbox issues getting my pd engine mated to the quattro system but as far as i know .... its doable.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Mcpickering i did think of the option of selling a full BAM conversion kit, i would of thought there would be a demand for that.I have no idea what such a kit would cost though (engine/ecu/turbo/etc).

I just had the impression a magic black 3 door on a 2003 running a BAM 225 conversion would be in demand (enough to sell for same as if it was a diesel 150). It seems thats not the case.
Well the one in the classifieds is going for £1800 but it does have a bit more with it than yours would, as i'm assuming you will keep the brakes and other various bits on yours... probably £1500 area, which is a nice amount really. then i suppose it is do you sell current TDI as a whole and look for a decent ARL or take the engine out of yours and break the shell..... i would say selling as a whole and finding the engine would be the best option really...

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheers Mcpick i will look in classified see whats included.

I wont be needing the front 312mm brake setup on the TT, i allready have some R32 front brakes.

·
Registered
731 Posts
i would say Sell the PD150 as a whole if you can find a suitable engine fore sale seperately, by far the best choice. if not then maybe see what you can make from selling the BAM engine seperately(£1500ish?) and then break the golf, if it is good nick then you could make a fair bit from all the interior/body panels/exhaust and the rest of it......

Food for thought/
+1; probably a more economical approach than doing a double conversion, and all the hassle and time it can involve.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts