Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trundled through trader and other ads, i can that the specs dont vary much.

Options include part/full leather. Black or beige would it be?

xenons standard or extra?

Sunroof im guessing is extra along with cruise.

Do all have headlight washers and if so how are these operated? As one car i looked at had the little plastic mouldings that house the washers but for the life of me i couldnt get them to pop and spray. Having tried windscreen washers and fettling with most other knobs!

On the audio front what upgrades were avaliable. Iv seen delta mentioned. One car i looked at had a double din headunit with quite a large screen but not navigation. A mix button in the top right? The program butons 1-6 across the middle with bass/ trebble control towards the bottom. Is this the standard headunit or delta and also is this single cd or multi?

Having looked in another one with a rather clueless sales rep, i looked under the carpet mat in the boot. What should be in here, there were a few tools. No space saver tho? Should there be a road side emergency inflation kit in a hole on the right near the back? Alonh with what else?

Sorry about the naff questions but so far sellers and reps have been unable to fill me in on.

Anyone able to reply be most appreciated. Cheers Adam

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
xeonons are standard.....the headlight washers are standard too......worked by having headlights on and washing the screen, then the headlight ones work auto...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Having trundled through trader and other ads, i can that the specs dont vary much.

Options include part/full leather. Black or beige would it be?

Black Leather otherise grey alcantera (note sides are not actually leather just centres)

xenons standard or extra?

Standard

Sunroof im guessing is extra along with cruise.

Yep was a cost option

Do all have headlight washers and if so how are these operated?
As one car i looked at had the little plastic mouldings that house the
washers but for the life of me i couldnt get them to pop and spray.
Having tried windscreen washers and fettling with most other knobs!

Headlamp washers only work when dipped or main beam on

On the audio front what upgrades were avaliable. Iv seen delta
mentioned. One car i looked at had a double din headunit with quite a
large screen but not navigation. A mix button in the top right? The
program butons 1-6 across the middle with bass/ trebble control towards
the bottom. Is this the standard headunit or delta and also is this
single cd or multi?

Delta or Sat Nav Options

Having looked in another one with a rather clueless sales rep,
i looked under the carpet mat in the boot. What should be in here,
there were a few tools. No space saver tho? Should there be a road side
emergency inflation kit in a hole on the right near the back? Alonh
with what else?

Correct No Space Saver but a tub of goo and a compressor along side the tools

Sorry about the naff questions but so far sellers and reps have been unable to fill me in on.

Anyone able to reply be most appreciated. Cheers Adam
PM Me and I can read of the original brochure if you like

Also make sure you try and get the R32 Key Ring/Umbrella and Pen with the service book

·
Registered
894 Posts
I can help with the headlamp washers, you need to have the headlamps switched on and then hold the windscreen washer lever for longer than normal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers so far, doing good

So the delta stereo is that a single CD or 6?

In adverts when they mention stereo upgrade what did this include? Were none specced with the tape headunit and 6 dics changer above?

Thanks again

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Bigburd your a star, can cruise been retro fitted by me or AMD for example and if so for how much. I have viewed one i really like that has everything except cruise and satnav which im thinking about going for. I would like the cruise but its not essential. Otherwise its got anything bar the satnav. Cheers bud you will no doubt be seein me around as you often visit Banbury hey. Pob

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Yep, Cruise can be retro-fitted. According to AMD's website it is ?299 plus VAT.

Cloth seats were standard in the R32 as well - alcantara and Leather were an option (?1400 and ?1900).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cheers so far, doing good

So the delta stereo is that a single CD or 6?

In adverts when they mention stereo upgrade what did this include? Were
none specced with the tape headunit and 6 dics changer above?

Thanks again
Mine came with a DELTA unit. It's got a single disc in the
HUD, mine also came with a six disc in the boot. Got mine second
hand (as a dealers ex demo) so I couldn't tell you if that was standard
or not.

About the boot - there should be a compressor and can of foam.
Though I've heard of people buying (I think) euro spec space savers for
emergencies. I wouldn't hold out much hope with the foam.

[;)] Make sure all the lights are working. Even getting
a sidelight (not a xenon headlight bulb) costs a fekking fortune from
the dealer. I had one go which costs an hours labour for a 50p
bulb - only to have the other one go on the other side a week later! [:mad:]

Good luck with the search!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Cheers Bigburd your a star, can cruise been retro
fitted by me or AMD for example and if so for how much. I have viewed
one i really like that has everything except cruise and satnav which im
thinking about going for. I would like the cruise but its not
essential. Otherwise its got anything bar the satnav. Cheers bud you
will no doubt be seein me around as you often visit Banbury hey.
Pob
Pob, you in Banbury then? I occaisionally get that way so give me a shout when you are about

·
Registered
440 Posts
Slightly off topic, I note on the R32 Register web site it says the standard wheels were made by either BBS or Ronal. I thought they were OZ wheels called Aristo or something similar?! [*-)]

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Slightly off topic, I note on the R32 Register web site it says the standard wheels were made by either BBS or Ronal. I thought they were OZ wheels called Aristo or something similar?! [*-)]
It's wrong[:p] Some were made by OZ, some were made by Ronal. Not sure which models had which, but there's definitely 2 different makes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right hello everyone, thanks very much for all the replies. Sorry about the delay in replying though been at work.

- andymac - ill check this fan thing out having read your post on the matter. I can check this on R's that im currently viewing and also on my anni which iv got till next week. Think uv opened a can of warms on this one and got alot of peple worried. But i agree its got to be sorted and folk made aware!

- bigburd, yeah i live just outside banbury. Amazing i never see you or Baker21 and he even works in Banbury!

I think thats everything pretty much sorted. One thing that still baffles me is what does this delta stereo upgade consist off except for moving the changer to the boot. We talking speakers as well here? Am right in thinking the delta headunit is the double din one with a sligtly larger screen along wth a mix button (top right) Bass and treble at the bottom and 1-6 buttons across the middle. I viewed a car with this headunit assumed it was the delta upgrade but could not locate the changer in the boot. So this leaves me thinking this is the standard headunit that takes 6 disc. On the other hand i assumed the standard kit was the single din tape headunit and 6 disc dash mounted changer above. Like in Anniversary's? Can someone please clarify this one? Minefield off confusion i tell ya. Cheers Pob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Pob,

I have the delta upgrade in my R and im sure it includes a speaker upgrade as well but dont quote me on that. It is the double din one with the larger display and the 6 disc changer is located inside the first aid compartment in the boot.

With the sound the R makes who needs a stereo anyway. Hope you find your perfect R

Cheers Roy

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have the Delta radio fitted to my R32 too. I don't think there is a speaker upgrade but the sound quality is certainly better than either of the Gamma units I had in my past 2 MkIVs. It's a double DIN unit with a CD slot in the unit itself and a 6 CD autochanger in the boot, which I didnt know was there until 2 months into owning the car! The R32 brochures said that you couldn't order the 6 disc changer with the Delta radio. What they didn't say was that the reason was due to the fact that the Delta came with the changer !

This post has made me think that now I've past 40k miles and had 2 services along with the Haldex done I should maybe put together some sort of ownership report of my life with the R32. With the exception of fan problems (so far) I think I've stumbed across pretty much every other niggle or problem with the car and should probably write it up.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Oh and one other thing. There were 3 choices of interior trim:

1. Full Leather (or morelike leatherette)
2. Leather sides and Alcantara centres.
3. Leather sides and Cloth centres.

My R has the Leather/Cloth and I personally think it looks better than the full leather. This is mainly because after about 5000 miles of sitting the leather tends to sag, whereas my seats pretty much look like new after 40k miles. The Alcantara seats are nice too, not too sure about the wear on those but I didn't like them that much because of the grey underside of the dash that came with them. You really need to see them and decide what you like the most.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts