Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was considerin selling my gt tdi 150 for a v6 4motion but they look like there goin to cost a fortune to run. Has any one turned there gt tdi into awd ? Can anyone talk me through wat I'm goin to need if it can be done ? I'm sure I can get a 4motion for parts

·
Tim Sr
13,503 Posts
Now worth considering that VOSA will want to recertify the car as its a fuel conversion. That and there is a lot of additional work needed in terms of fueling systems and suchlike.

I looked into this in great detail.

Easier solution is to find a good european TDI150 4motion, and converting it for RHD. Bonus points for a Wagon or Bora!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Now worth considering that VOSA will want to recertify the car as its a fuel conversion. That and there is a lot of additional work needed in terms of fueling systems and suchlike.

I looked into this in great detail.

Easier solution is to find a good european TDI150 4motion, and converting it for RHD. Bonus points for a Wagon or Bora!
yeh man thats the way... i seen those poles with there 150 tdi 4mos on you tube thing bastids bastids bastids!! if only it didnt cost a fortune to import them.

·
Tim Sr
13,503 Posts
It doesn't from what i'd seen, especially for a French car.

And then when you look at the VOSA charges, it makes it really economically worth while.

One day, you will see, i'll have a genuine European TDI150 4mo Bora Estate. Hell might even leave it LHD for poops and giggles! (i can see it now, big turbo, map it, NOS it)

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
It doesn't from what i'd seen, especially for a French car.

And then when you look at the VOSA charges, it makes it really economically worth while.

One day, you will see, i'll have a genuine European TDI150 4mo Bora Estate. Hell might even leave it LHD for poops and giggles! (i can see it now, big turbo, map it, NOS it)
sounds like a plan!

·
Registered
122 Posts
The amount of money you will spend to make the conversion complete will be a joke. Why not just put that money together and buy a car that is purposely built an AWD like a quattro Audi or some thing?

:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts