Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new member looking for a little help. I had a 1.2 corsa and HAD to lose it as it was very thirsty and wouldnt pull you out of bed, so I have money aside for a new car and fancy a tdi. I seen a golf 115 tdi gti. Its a V reg so 1999 and has a full service history. Its done 90000 miles and the seller is looking for £2450 for it. I have him at £2300 now and was thinking of getting an insurance quote. Anyway, theres a few know it alls at work who think that is far too expensive and i was wondering if you guys could let me know, seeing as most of you will have had experience in this field! Also what sort of average mpg are you guys getting out of the tdi's? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
I was in the same situation as you buddy, upgraded from a 1.2 corsa to a 110 TDI.

Average to a tank my trip computer says im getting 44.7mpg per tank ish... but I do alot of driving around town so. On the motorway at about 75 ish I get around 52 mpg?

I never really see it dip below 30 mpg,..

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thanks alot, thats really good for the size of engine and solid build of the golfs, Really put me in the mood for one now. I just need advise on the prices now really. Thanks again dude.

·
Registered
580 Posts
November I brought mine for £2400

100k, FSH, 1yr Garage Warrenty on all the important bits. They also fixed all the little problems I found before buying the car.

T Plate GT 110

But suppose at the end of the day its your choice, if its within your budget, and its up to your standards, buy it! Golfs maintain there value, if it smart looking at cheap ones, there the ones that are going to give you aload of problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers mate, got him to 2500 and he said it had a belt at 40k, its now on 90k. I understand from reading other posts its a bit of a job. So priced it at 220 plus vat, did you have to get yours done or was it allready done?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This car had its belt done in 2002, for what reason i do not know, I just phoned a guy about a seat leon tdi and the guy said its 10 years or 90k miles. Surely its the same engine??? Honestly car finding is a lot more difficult than i expected!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts