Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,after someone to help me or fit rear disc and pads and bottoms arms to my 1.8t,tryed the brakes today and cant get the pistion bk in on the calapier,some one says u need the specail tool,will be payed,i am in sunderland

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
you do need the tool for the rear calipers but not the front, I would help but sadly I do not have said tool in my kit.

Im sure someone round here will, plenty of members round this way (im in teesside)

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I would have helped but again i dont have the tool, you can get one from halfords for around £20 a think, its called a piston wind back tool, it screws the rear brake pistons back into the calliper unlike the fronts which you can you push back in

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have a tool, got it from GMF but halfords sell it too. Its made by laser. Reversable so you can do bigger and smaller callipers. It worked perfect on my old 312mm callipers and spot on for corrado rear discs. So quite a good range. cost just under 20 quid.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I have used a huge screwdriver to lever the piston home and circlip pilars to turn. Its amazing how much of a pig it seems until it just goes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts