Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I hope I am allowed to post here as cannot post a wanted thread in for sale section, looking for a MK4 Golf PD130/150 if anyone sees anything kicking around, if you can advise here. Looking to spend anywhere up to £5000 for something in good condition with decent mileage and full service history ect.

Prefer all the bells and whistles (heated leather recaro) ect, but will look at cloth interior if needs be. I used to have a 52 plate GTI which I loved, so want to get another MK4 for old times sake.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anniversary appear to be around that mark from what I have seen online.

Would you say 5K for an anniversary is reasonable? with 115K on the clock?

Very good condition, full service history, belt/waterpump changed at 113K and no advisories on last 2 MOT.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Please tell me MK4s aren't selling for £5k?!
I reckon if you dropped £1500+ on a 130 or 150 you'd get a minty fresh one.. or close to it.

No advisories for the last 2 mots is, imo, a bit daft as a criteria because things wear out.
For me it'd depend what they are.

Used car prices are artificially high at the mo though.. something to do with new car unavailability perhaps..

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Hmmm, I might just pick up a standard PD130/150 then rather than Anniversary as £5K compared to £1500 is a big difference.
See what's about mate.....
Used prices are all over the place right now.
We paid about £300 too much for a Mk1 Octavia vRS and about £500 too little for a mk2 a month later.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Get a ELM327 dongle & CarScanner Pro for your mobile. Test drive it, check for fault codes, check all the windows, door locks, and climate control (particularly if it's full climatronic), check all the supplied keys work, check MOT history (particularly mileage) lines up. Just buy on condition, FSH not absolutely necessary and I would imagine quite rare on something approaching 20 years old. You'll find a decent daily driver 130PD for £2-3k no problem and spares are plentiful and cheap. They're pretty bulletproof, particularly the 130, other than the stuff I mentioned above.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts