Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to get some stuff from my glovebox

i nearly fell sick when i saw this, happened when i parked outside my friends house saturday night - not just mine but two of my mates cars as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

the last photo shows the worst part, does anyone have any ideas on cost ??? i have heard that certain repairs may fade over time.

it is on the front wing, front door, rear door, rear 1/4.

any comments are welcome - i'm off to drown my sorrows

Panni. [:mad:] [+o(]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Feel for you mate they are the scum of the earth,NEVER mess with another mans wheels!

If it was up to me i would string 'em up by the danglies!!!! [:mad:]

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
Sounds like a silly suggestion, but are you able to wax any of it out? i know my mums car was scratched, and that polished out?

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I'd have a try with a cutting compound or even an abrasive polish first to see how much can be taken out.. my mate had it worst as someone never keyed his car but done one worst with a stanley knife and it went straight through the paint in too the metal..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Alrite mate where abouts you from in brum as i could give you a hand if you needed a rotary with some of my cutting products...

Sat [y]

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Sorry to hear this has happened to you Panni , i hate to see cars scrached like this [:mad:] As mentioned above they could all do with being strung up !!

Jay

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sorry to see that mate, peoples lack of respect really pi$$es me off. I had my golf keyed at the beginning of the year which ran the entire passenger length of the car. Trouble with mine was that it was down to the primer and so a respray was the only option.

I got the work done at a dealers where my mate works whilst the bodyshop manager was away and a mates rates price was still just over £400, but the normal cost for the entire side can be in excess of £650 (VW dealers would be closer to £800), as the entire side will need to be stripped, smoothed and then completely resprayed.

·
Registered
861 Posts
feel for you mate, ive had 2 cars keyed. someone keyed my tailgate twice just to make sure they got it deep into the paintwork. it was my last golf mk4 (RIP), i had the front and back valance coded just to put a smile back on my face.

when you get it fixed you might as well treat yourself to some colour coding if you havent already that is.

:(

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Feel sorry for you mate, i am in a similar boat to you aswell! Have had my car keyed all the way down to the metal! Looks like you will most probably need a respray, but at least you can get any mods done at the same time to cheer yourself up. [:D]

these idiots need to be taught a lesson, maybe pushed off the edge of a cliff?? I dont understand what they get out of it! [:mad:], and another thing, at least it wasn't done outside your front door! like mine! [:mad:], anways, hope you get it sorted mate, whatever route you plan on taking. Good luck mate [Y]

·
Registered
586 Posts
Gutted for you mate, I hate people doing this. As much as I hate people who steal cars or alloys etc, you can see some of their logic behind it. He's got something, I want it or I can sell it, but to cause damage to a car for no-ones gain is just sick![8o|]

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
[:mad:] ARRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! [8o|]

Keying does my nut.... Really feel for ya mate. pointless envy and mindless vandelism.

Whoever did it - I hope he dies choking on his mum's c_ck!!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
you really cant believe scumbags these days...hopefully it may polish out, try taking it to a bodyshop.

or better still try dent master also chip away!

i had my bora keyed a few years ago, and the w****** keyed every single panel accept the roof and rear spolier, and i had to have a total resprayed as the scatch were too deep....

will

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for the comments and help,

i just wish i had 5 minutes with the person that did this.

Thanks again.

Panni.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
1 word! CUNTS! there just jelous cos 1, they hav shit car eg nova, corsa etc 2. there chavs, and 3. small man syndrome!

i hate some people! it really anoys me to see things like this!

if i ever caught sum 1 doing this to my car or any1's car i'd be so mad i'd most likely kill them ( hmmm its a bit more than 1 word! lol)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts