Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after a lot of swearing and cutting or should that be butchering, ive fitted my tft monitor in to my recaro headrest, and ran the wire through the tube!!!, what do you guys think?, good or bad?[:D]

Zak

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, yes i,m going to start on the other side soon, got to fit my mums kitchen first!

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have to feed the wire through the seat as well?
Hi Yes ive worked out how to thread the wire through as well, so i,ll fit an oem connector on the bottom the seat base as well!, i,ll forget about putting them in the car,dont you think they look good on the sofa?[:p]

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very cool feature. Good work, mate[Y] How long did it take you install?
Hi Mate, as this was my first one, it took about 3 days working on and off and going to work as well!!!, theres so much cutting out to do its unreal!

Zak

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That looks a really neat job. Well done. What screens did you use?
Hi mate, i used VEBA 5.6 inch monitors, they cost ?150 for two!, theyre on ebay or you can pick them up direct from his shop in tottenham court road london.

Zak

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Yer. Liking that a lot, looks really professional!

I was thinking about doing this when I had the golf but didnt bother as I never actually have anyone in the back seat!

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how you going to set up your audio ?

fm through head unit or head phones ?

wish i had the bottle to try this...lol
I,m going to use a dietz adaptor which allows sound from an external source dvd, or tv tuner to be sent to the rear and the satnav instructions can still be heard from the front speakers,or i can hear the phatnoise or radio from the front and the monitor sound can be sent to the headphone sockets! clever unit the dietz!

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Zak that looks good mate

so when are you doing mine [;)]
whenever youre ready Ray![:p], a couple of kebab rolls wont be missed though!
you should be buying me them [;)] Zak I'll buy you a kebab roll or in your case a few when I see you at the end of month

aRd

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Well done Zak, top job.

Looks like you and I can go into the Incar Entertainment business.

Are you running leather Recaro or Sports Seats, as the backs come off on the Recaros to aid running the wire down the back of the seat.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well done Zak, top job.

Looks like you and I can go into the Incar Entertainment business.

Are you running leather Recaro or Sports Seats, as the backs come off on the Recaros to aid running the wire down the back of the seat.
Thanks Nick, i,m running leather recaro,s, , ive opened up the seat enough to thread the wire down from the headrest pole to the bottom of the seat, now i want to try and thread the wire alongside the seat heating wire to the base, if i can do this then itll look totally oem, and hidden!, as for going into the car entertainment business, that would be good, but would you buy the kebab rolls?[;)]

Zak

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AAHHH!!!!, looks like the drivers side headrest has a brother!!!!!!, now all ive got to do is wire them up through the seats, this will mean taking out the seats to thread the wire properly, i,ll temporarily wire it up to my dvd player in the glove box, last week i recieved my dietz adaptor that allows the two rear monitors to watch and hear the dvd or terrestrial channels and me have the satnav or the radio/phatnoise playing through the front, proper OEM!!.

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 30 Posts