Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a lousy poster lately (sorry!), have been swamped in work. Finally hade the chance to get out an snap a few pictures of the GTI last night, here are a few.

Enjoy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, no filters. They were all handheld. ISO 800 and about 50ms exposure. Some PS work done to bring out details and remove noise.

Cheers,
Magnus

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Lovely shots Magnus :)

By the way, did i see one of your photos in Practical Photography this month? I think i recognised the name...... stunning shot if it was!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lovely shots Magnus :)

By the way, did i see one of your photos in Practical Photography this month? I think i recognised the name...... stunning shot if it was!!
Sorry, can't take any cred for images in that magazine. Would be cool to get one pubished some day........*dream on Magnus.....*

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Hello mate,

You've got some great pics there! and some excellent locations! I have to try out night shots too sometime! Looks good! [:D]

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lovely pics, would be even better without the fog lights [:)]
Yea, I did not anticipate they would dominate the pictures so much. Will attempt without them on next time.

Cheers

·
Registered
177 Posts
Great pics again Magblixt.  Your photography techniques are spot on and very professional. I would be interested in what camera and settings you use if you didn't mind sharing your "secrets". The 3rd one is great with excellent focus and DoF. 

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great pics again Magblixt. Your photography techniques are spot on and very professional. I would be interested in what camera and settings you use if you didn't mind sharing your "secrets". The 3rd one is great with excellent focus and DoF.
Thanks dgcarter!

I use the Canon 20D with a variety of lenses. The third was shot using the 50mm prime. The best and cheapest lens I have ever used, costs less than ?100. The settings used for the third shot were:

Exposure 1/50 at f/1.8
Focal length 50mm
ISO 400

If I were to share one of the most important and easy tricks for a good car shot (no matter the camera type), it would be to shoot from ground level or close to it. A picture that shows some road in between the camera and the car adds depth and makes it more interesting. Try tilting the camera slightly too, adds more life to the picture.

Cheers,
Magnus

·
Registered
906 Posts
Great pictures Magnus

I too would like to use one of your pictures as a wallpaper. The third one for me if you don't mind?

Tam

1 - 18 of 18 Posts