Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NikB

UKMkIVs Senior Moderator

United Kingdom

5605 Posts

Sent - 26 Jul 2004 : 21:57:50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post a feeler thread with this in and once you've got your date time and location sorted, send me another message and I'll create an event for you.

Just a suggestion!

How about every body meets at South Mimms on August Bank Hol weekend Sat/Sun or Monday or the first Sunday in September for lunch time do some looking and chatting and then it would be a good site for everyone to then convoy up to High Beach in Epping.( Its not that far away!) I think it has the potential to be a great day and everyone one can chill out as there is a pub up at High Beech???? And it has the potential to please a few...London,Herts and Essex crowds. What do ya all think?????

·
Registered
586 Posts
John, think Nick was joking! We're in talks about London Meet 4 already, if you read the Post London Meets 3 thread, you will have an idea what we want to do for it but its still in early planning stages but it will be in late August or September but dont forget Trax is on the 5th so we wont be able to do that day.

·
Registered
586 Posts
point taken and I know its been moving more outside of London every time. Its going to be tough to cater for all. Only time it was truely in London was Docklands and Alexandra Palace. Open for suggestions west/south of the the Thames. If only we could do Richmond Park! [:)]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Quote: posted by RayBanUK on 27/07/2004 14:20:36

point taken and I know its been moving more outside of London every time. Its going to be tough to cater for all. Only time it was truely in London was Docklands and Alexandra Palace. Open for suggestions west/south of the the Thames. If only we could do Richmond Park! [:)]

Perhaps we could do clacket lane services instead ? I know it's still a motorway service station, but it is south of the thames.. maybe too far south for some though ?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Richmond is easy to get to, but being the size of bath it might take some coordination to get everyone there...also on a good weekend the carpark spaces will be much less...

so far i think s.mimms is best, though for a longer meet somewhere with a park would be good...hmmm....

·
Registered
586 Posts
well to be honest Thorndon Country Park I stumbled upon whilst BBQing the other week so I suggested it as its a really nice location (I swear I will convince once I take some pictures). If anyone else can suggest other locations (especially ones with a bit of a view), we'll more than welcome them. We did even try Park Royal but knowing the A406 amd A40 on a Sunday, it would have been a nightmare to get to.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I gonna check out Trent Park in male chickenfosters, as I have been to a few BBQs in the past there and their is plenty of parking.

PS. John, I was only joking, some of us have a sick sense of humour on the forum[:p][;)]

·
Registered
446 Posts
Can't we have one at Heathrow, that would be amazing (only because I live 10 mins away [;)]) But seriously.. planes in the background! Awesome. What you all reckon?

·
Registered
703 Posts
yer but taking pics around there... specailly with the recent security fiasco.

Think we should head out to middlesex area... Harrow, Box Hill... somewhere like that?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
It is suppose to me a London meet. I have heard talk about Essex, Middlesex, why don't we have it in Devon (plenty of great scenery)?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Quote: posted by cage on 28/07/2004 00:03:03

It is suppose to me a London meet. I have heard talk about Essex, Middlesex, why don't we have it in Devon (plenty of great scenery)?

. . . lol!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Or why not Suffolk!!! hahaha.. I went to this one as it was not far for me!! Any further away and i don't think i could make it!

·
Registered
107 Posts
London Meet = anything around the M25 or inside it [:D] ok -

South Mimms has easily been best so far as its closer to everyone- if its too far in London ppl dont like to bother what with the traffic etc - [B)]

Although its London = M25 and surroundings are cool [8D]

·
Registered
703 Posts
so far south mimms is best, if not the most pretty place to meet..

I only said Harrow and box hill as they are within the M25 really and have a fair bit of green... How about meet along the river? though then their is the problem of those coming from afar being stuck in traffic.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts