Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just double checking with you guys in London if this quote is any good?

98 SE TDI 90 (with Tuning Box)

18" Alloys

Bodykit,

Eibachs,

Rear Clusters

7 Years (63%) NCB

And I told them it was garaged all the time (which it is) and the best quote Adrian Flux could come back with was ?650! The company Im with at the moment (CIS) wants ?720 so I was hunting. I cant believe its so expensive with my age (28), level of NCB and fact that its garaged. I used to pay about ?450 in Bedford. Makes me wonder why I moved down here at all [:(] Anyone else in London with TDI's give me a rough figure of how much you guys are paying?

I can forget about that 1.8T/V6 now [:(]

BTW, can anyone find that link to the post codes again? I wanna see how bad my area is!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Not sure on the price. But I have been getting quotes over the past few weeks, and seems to make no difference to the price whether it is garaged or on the driveway.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Dunno Ray,

I recently renewed my insurance, and ended up paying (begrudgingly) just under ?1400 to Adrian Flux.

Elephant wanted ?1800 (?)

And out of the remaining 35+ companies I RANG, they all ranged from ?1700-?3000+

To be honest, insurance companies rip it out of you when u live in London!

Good luck in finding a better quote

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Been in the market of getting quotes as well, last year I was with Adrian Flux at ?2100, renewal came in at ?1700.

So far the best quote has been Liverpool Victoria at ?1400 with as many mods as I want as long as the engine CC hasn't been changed.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm guess I just have to accept the facts of living in London then. Just sux that my engine isnt exactly lightning and they still want so much for it. Mine is a Group 6 car for petes sake! How much do you guys pay again? Jeese! To be honest, I think I wont get a much better quote anyway as AF do all the mods and are supposed to be one of the cheapest, but maybe tempted to give LV a call tomorrow lunch time.

·
Registered
875 Posts
This year I had a renwal of ?800 from Admiral for 5k miles and my "mods" (see sig). Elephant(the same group)are offering ?507.

·
Registered
150 Posts
im with Adrian Flux.

24 with 3 points, 6YNC, living in middlesex with car parked on drive. Mods declared & class 1 business 2000 miles ?780

Elephant have quoted me ?550 for the same this year but im not sure as people have said you dont get like for like..

·
Registered
703 Posts
?800-?1200 for me on my mother's insurance... My own car, Mazda3 1.6 is ?1200 with 2 named drivers (one had a claim recently so insurance is about ?100 higher... that is from Zurich.

Directline now want push the Bora's renewal from ?900 to ?1200! so in the process of hunting around, have found that Frizzel and Bell-direct to be about ?700-800. (cheapest so far)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Quote: posted by Mark 1.8T on 19/05/2004 16:23:36

Elephant have quoted me ?550 for the same this year but im not sure as people have said you dont get like for like..

I have only come across 2 companies that do offer like for like, one being Highway via Adrian Flux and VW Insurance. Unfortunately both quotes are twice that of elephant.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I live in London and drive a TDI 130, I am with Admiral only mod is alloy wheels that cost me an extra ?50, total cover is about ?770. Oh, & i am 29 have full no claims, use my car to drive to work and leave my car on the road. I think this also includes legal costs.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess my quote is about right then considering the mods I have on it. Gosh I havent lived in London for a couple of years and the insurance prices really has shot out of the roof. And it doesnt make sod all difference if you have a garage, that is just stupid.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Ray,

I'm paying ?700 for my 1.8T and as yoiu know we don't live far apart. I've got full NCB and I'm 36.

Unlimited mods with Liverpool Victoria.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PJ must be the IG7 5NT postcode! S1R SS Im 28 (soon 29) and have full NCB. I have tried Admiral/elephant yet but will get a quote from them today as well as LV. PJ, is your car garaged?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Ray:

My insurance on a GTTDi 115 would be around ?1000, thats @ 20yrs with 1 yrs NCB, so surely it can be found cheaper on a 90 for yourself??

I live in SE18, apparently there isn't a worse post code in the country for car crime - I can believe it too!!

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Ray: My 115pd cost me ?490 this year, with More Than.

I'm 25 yrs old, 6 years protected NCD's, residential parking and 0 points now.

Didn't think the postcode would make that much difference, when I lived in Dagenham[V][V],(waiting for the jokes now), the premium was only about ?60-?70 a year more.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by RayBanUK on 19/05/2004 15:07:11

7 Years (63%) NCB

Egg give me 66% discount for my 4 yrs NCB. You are also over 25 so they will allow mods.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts