Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i want to code my key using the drivers door but my lock just spins, i have seen a repair kit on ebay, which basicly looks like you only get the spade bit and clips, is this the only part of the lock that is at fault & if so would'nt it be possible to use this part from the passenger side in the mean time?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tbh mate i dont know, my fobs have never worked as the drivers door lock is broke, when my car is locked, using the passenger door the led nxt to the door pin dont flash? i just want to be able to lock it with the remote to save myself having to keep using the passenger side. But will buy the de lock blanks when they are working.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Did you have any luck with the repair kit mate? Need to give this a go on my brother-in-law's car so not sure whether you could do it yourself or get a locksmith on the case.

Thanks.

·
Registered
920 Posts
when i got my golf the locks were spinning, got the kit off Ebay and it fixed it, pretty simple to do yourself, but will take a few attempts to hold everything together while you push a clip on tho lol

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Just bought a kit off eBay but the spring looks completely different and too small so I'm gonna use the original spring. Let you know how I get on when I've attempted it some time this week.

Az

1 - 7 of 7 Posts