Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the recent drop in the second hand car market and the increase of loans it seems the chavs are able to ruin a car with some silly looking modification.

Why is it most boy racers seem unable to make their cars look nice. Its almost as if you must change it just cos it can be changed [:(]

I give you a few of my local examples [:I]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
627 Posts
Damn.. Came out of Sainsburys this eve to find the 'Wicked-est' looking Focus this evening parked next to mine, but due to new phone that wasn't charged up yet.. couldn't take a pic :(

He'd even parked it over 2 bays to make sure it didn't get damaged I guess... make it look like it was actually worth more than a tenner.

It had a massive bodykit, M3 style mirrors.. HUUUUGE spoiler and of course debadged to hide its 1.4ness. It also had tiny little what looked like 15" alloys with massive profile tyres!

Oh and.. 4 'exhausts'

Always seems so amusing that they spend soooo much barrying them up and frankly its a mundane car under all that. My Mini looked well harmless parked next to it. Just a little bit blue and stripey and a bit cute.. hehe. SO amusing that the sheep in wolfs clothing was parked next to the wolf in sheeps clothing type sort of thing. [:D]

Barrying cars = pointless. But its hillarious for anyone who has taste!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Posted Image

I often see a similar looking Focus on my way to work. I actually hit the kerb the first time I saw it, I was laughing so hard.

Why?!

As my old man always says, you can't polish a turd, but obviously, everyone has their own taste...right[:(]

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have noticed that micra, despite looking like a rollerskate, is becoming popular with the boy, propably because they are cheap to buy, run, and insure so they can spend the rest of their doll money barrying them up...

Did find it funny though when one pulled up at the lights next to me and tried to give it 'the big'

·
Registered
304 Posts
The new "move" by me for the racing chav's is who can get the cheapest lexus lights and biggest most stupid looking JAP sytle zorst with LED's in the end.

·
Registered
415 Posts
The new thing down south is motorcycle exhausts (or zorsts!!!) not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 all sticking out at funny angles! I'm off to halfords to find that car now..... [:)]

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
That white focus is dreadful. The orion is a brave effort IMO, especially the colour.

There is a saxo in our street with that kit on, two tone metal flake blue (top) and pearly white bottom! Its a mega bucks kit, cost the guy near 8k to buy and have fitted!!!!!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
and you have to change the reg plate for a square one in one corner to be in their crew...cos that is everone's ultimate ambition, that is what this forum is all about, innit!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Insane.. why spend 8k on a kit when you could actually buy a decent car for that??! I sold my 1.8T for less than that!!

I get fewer Nova SRI type boys trying it on against me in the Mini. I guess they can't see a GTI or SRI badge, therefore don't realise its quick. The few who did nearly died trying to keep up around corners according to my rear view mirror. Hillarious!!

That Focus I saw must have cost a fortune yet clearly it was pants. Mini looked so cute and harmless parked next to it [;)] Ironic really!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Firstly excuse the size and quality - crappy camera phone.

Saw this Chavved polo yesterday, makes you want to cry

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thinking about it more, perhaps the long range and poor quality is a saving grace. What you can't really see is the blue tinted front screen, the scuffed-to-buggery lower front end and the interior, eugh.

Is there a "Ruined VW" thread I can add these to?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Posted Image

That is truly horrific!

I really don't know what I like least on this "vehicle". It has pretty much all my biggest pet hates on a car including;

Cheap and nasty chavtastic body kit

Offset Evo/Alfa style number plate (at least it is not square I suppose)

Several oversize exhausts and no doubt a crappy stock car like engine note

Halfords special spoiler

Nasty looking alloys

Non standard rear light clusters

Smoothed everything

I can only imagine the front has a Subaru Scoop, Evo 8 style number plate (square and offset to the left) 1 inch of ground clearance and a sun strip that takes up half the windscreen [V]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts