Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I often carry mucky stuff in my boot, and was thinking about getting a load liner for all those spillages, but there seem to be a laod of differnt types, there is the 'flexible load liner' (?35), the 'semi rigid' load liner (?50) and hte 'rigid' load liner (?135 (All from VW)

Now i can understand the rigid load liner is a solid piece of plastic, but what about the the other two? (is there a huge advantage of the semi rigid over the flexible? (the images on the VW site do nothing to aid knowing!)

Is this e-bay item similar to either? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Boot-Liner-VW-Golf-Mk5-3-5-Door-Year-2004-on_W0QQitemZ8035338418QQcategoryZ28641QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
643 Posts
I've got the flexible load liner. It's really just thick foam in a grey colour. It fits and moulds into the boot very well and for my needs provides great protection. Would be fine for muddy loads etc. Just watch if you're carrying sharp items as they might puncture the load liner.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The rigid loadliner has a much higher lip so you might want to take this into account if you have load through facility on the rear seats.

I went for the semi-rigid as the above would have restricted my particular use of load through.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've got the semi-rigid in my car as well, it's basically a layer of
thick plastic (rubber?) that goes over the floor with a very slight lip around
it. Won't affect load through from the rear seats or anything. It's
extremely tough, and very useful when dealing with muddy things as when
you want to clean you just whip it out and blast it with a hose.

Saved my car the other day; I had a red bull can loose in the back,
someone put something on it and it punctured! As a result my load liner
is a bit sticky now [:p] but it'll be a ten minute job to clean it
(when I get around to it), and the car is protected. Much rather the
red bull get on the liner than on the boot carpet!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When they say with/ without spare tyre, am i right to assume they meana FULL SIZE spare, not the space saver?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
For those of you that have got them, may I suggest shoving up a part number, price and place of purchase?? Always good for reference in the future [y]

C

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I just have a nice fleecey blanket spread over the boot carpet. Anything thats a bit mucky just sits on it, or wrapped up in it. Granted, its no good for anything wet, but for general dirty/dusty stuff its great.

Thought I was the only one that was paranoid about a mucky boot carpet, but it seems I'm not the only one who wants to keep it clean!

The neighbours up the street just cut bushes/trees down and just throw all the branches and stuff into their boot [:O] [:O] Bet its filthy in there!

·
Registered
894 Posts
For those of you that have got them, may I suggest shoving up a part number, price and place of purchase?? Always good for reference in the future [y]

C
Loadliners are Retailer supplied accesssories.

Loadliner - flexible. part no. depends on vehicle ( quote ) Price ? 35 .

Loadliner -- semi-rigid ( part no.1 KO 061 180 ) Price ?50.

Loadliner - rigid ( part no. 1 KO 061 170 ) Price ?135.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Thanks Med, doesn't mena that the likes of Foxy/Shaq/part-resellers can't do a slightly different price (for better or for worse n'all that [:)]) [y]

C

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thanks Med, doesn't mena that the likes of Foxy/Shaq/part-resellers can't do a slightly different price (for better or for worse n'all that [:)]) [y]

C
I'm still using the flexible one from my mkiv fits fine if not perfect, I also had the rigid one for the mkiv but this would not fit in the MkV due to the shape/inflexibilty so sold it in the classified - but both varieteis are very useful and keeps the boot nice n' clean. Group buy anyone ?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I have just ordered the liner i linked to on e-bay, it looks to be like the VW semi rigid liner, except was only ?25, the company selling it also have a website http://www.formula4x4.com/bootliners.htm

The Tailored matt on e-bay seems to be ?40 on their own website, whilst they have a cut to fit matt for ?25, however, the e-bay description is definitley for the tailored matt though.

Will keep you informed, seems a much better deal than the VW matt.

Cheers

·
Registered
894 Posts
I`d give them a quick ring before they process your order to see what they are going to send if there is some doubt.

( Unless you are happy to have the cut to fit version of course or may be they do sell it ?15 cheaper on e-bay than their own site ). [Y]

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just arrived today, looks smart, fits well, includes a little bit for the 60/40 seat fold hinge. And the lip fits at just the right level for the areas just behind the wheel arch, so no interuptions of any of the load area. Manufacturede by 'EGR'

If anyone wants a pic, PM me and I will send one off, no access to my usual site at the mo.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Descriptions (in German), pictures, part numbers, and prices (in Euro) of the VW load liners here.
You can find it in English here.

And a little OT, but I'm curious - go here and look at the link to "Finance" - is it just me or does the Golf V in that little picture look like it's got LED taillamps?!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Descriptions (in German), pictures, part numbers, and prices (in Euro) of the VW load liners here.

And a little OT, but I'm curious - go here and look at the link to "Finance" - is it just me or does the Golf V in that little picture look like it's got LED taillamps?!
It could be a Golf Plus.

Taa for the english accsesories link btw.

·
Registered
471 Posts

It could be a Golf Plus.

Taa for the english accsesories link btw.
Golf plus has lights more squarish in nature, kinda like the ones that the Passat/Jetta et all have.
These are distinctly rounded...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts