Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They were a joke for me.

They wanted ?1200 yes ?1200 for my Bora before I declaired any MODS or POINTS!! I told them that there were TWICE the price of Direct Line and they just said 'Well, thats our quote'!! WTF!!

My Bora is only a 115bhp SE!!!

Im not even paying ?1200 with direct line will my MODS and POINTS decalired!!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
i think you'll find its as liquorice says! they are way ott for me as i live in a high crime rated area (suposidly) and my mate lives in a medium risk and its much better for him, as he is with them!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still find it hard to believe that their quote was double that of Direct Line. Direct Line were obvioulsy quoting for the same area and my premium did go up when I moved here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, well Direct Bell came out ontop. Never heard of them but they are part of the Admiral group. Did not declare my points or mods for the ease of it; im only after rough ideas. Will give them a go closer to the time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So they charge you for having them, but don?t replace them!!! Where is the sense in that!!

I checked with direct line. If I have an accident, they will return my car as it is now, body kit, alloys etc included. To prevent scams they increase the excess on accidental damage so if I reverse into a wall I have to pay the 1st ?500, but if another car is involved my excess is still low. Kind of makes sense as if a body kit is looking a bit tired someone could just rip it off or purposely damage it and get the insurance to pay to have it replaced. By upping the excess to ?500 it would make people think twice.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by PJ on 12/05/2004 09:29:06

Have you tried www.confused.com .They trawl the online companies for you.

LOL funny you should mention them. I had a go and the plus side is you get a good page of quotes, but the downside? For me:

Lowest Quote: ?7,342 FC

Highest Quote: ?27,432 FC

Average Quote: ?15,444 FC

So I moved on! Njondsefiiefiefef, try Adrian Flux. Im going with them next - they allow mods, and quoted me ?1,300 without any NCB. THey said once I had my 5 years Id get 50% off that too (less than the 66% I get off with Egg, but as I say they allow mods)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
LV wanted ?2.2k from me!! Ridiculous.

Also, the quotes on www.confused.com were more than if i went to the companys site. My cheapest quote via confused was ?890 @ Admiral, but the Admiral site gave me ?670

·
Registered
30 Posts
Think you will find that Liverpool Victoria is only competitive for older drivers, 25 plus. For old farts like me (40) LV is cheaper than any other, by some margin. I pay ?599 pa with ?100 excess for my modded (declared) PD150!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.