Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have an anni/r32 id ring them up as when i decided to ring them about my insurance not being aloud to be insured, i was told if you have a bodykit we cant insure it!

So i then thought, thats rubbish so told them i had an aniversary, to which i was told they cant insure it because it has a body kit!!

Wasnt having that so i asked to speak to someone higher up who said even if its standard, if that standard includes a bodykit they wont insure you!

Aparently only came into action the last few months.

Considering last year they told me every visual mod is fine, this sounds like junk!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I have just had repairs to the front of my car, including a respray of my Oettinger valance, new front bumper, bumper bar and OEM Xenon headlight (not standard fit).

Pictures were taken and sent to Liv Vic by the repairers with a quotation.

All work was agreed and carried out to the highest standard, Im very impressed.

What you are being told Joey may just apply to new policies for new customers and not the older policies.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, they said its been in for about a few months.

wheels, lowering etc are all fine, just bodykits!!

Peed me off as last years insurance was great, everything covered at no extra cost, but refused my renewal!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Joey, I renewed my policy with them less than a month ago!!

[EDIT] Body kits were not mentioned in my renewal phonecall and they are not excluded in the small print on my certificate of insurance or policy details.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they had me by asking what mods i had, no probs before so i was listing them out and as soon as bodykit was mentioned i was told they cant insure me. I wouldnt believe her so got hold of someone else and it was confirmed.

Insurance is gonna be sky high this year now declaring mods at extra cost!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I would personally take my sidesirts off than pay a sky high premium, especially as I have 6pts for Careless Driving (not as bad as it sounds.....) and with Liverpool Victoria ignoring points they are just perfect for me.

Surely they can't class an aftermarket front valance as a bodykit?

If that would be the case then maybe it would be the same for a rear spolier.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
according to them, a totally standard r32/anni have bodykits and wont insure them! Thats why i think its rubbish, but they wont insure me because of my kit (optional extra not wings west!)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Sh*te, i better find out about this before i go start ordering parts!

I renewed with them on the 30th October, they know about all my mods and 3pts, cheapest i have found anywhere!

·
Registered
116 Posts
That cant be. They are actual models and not just kits. Call em up again and recheck with a different operator. Or do a new quote pretending to be a new customer. These cars are models and not just kits!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
if you go on-line now you will see that they no longer want the business of anybody with ANY performance enhancements.

where do you draw the line. that could include suspension or brake upgrades.[:O]

whilst it is a statement in the new quotes section i would advise anybody to double check BEFORE going ahead with any future mods.[:(]

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Hmm, wonder how that affects future renewals...i renewed ok in September this year and asked loads of questions which satisfied me at the time but i still have that niggling doubt...

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Stewart on 05/12/2004 02:44:53

Hmm, wonder how that affects future renewals...i renewed ok in September this year and asked loads of questions which satisfied me at the time but i still have that niggling doubt...

Im wondering the same as renewed in October this year without problems.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Just been off the phone with them and apparently they don't insure cars with lowered suspension either now, unless it came as standard. Mine is only lowered 35mm but they wouldn't give me a quote at all.

Be careful...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
OMG, it gets worse!

Added :- Actually, its getting to the stage where im starting to 'presume' that im not insured properly. This leads me to think that with the amount of mods on my car, if i declared with another company that the premiums would be enough to lease a brand new S3 or R32!! Well, not quite, but you get the idea...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Someone posted on Briskoda recently that they phoned and were told anyone that took out a new policy or renewed before Novemeber are still under the any mod but cc increase policy.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by EddyH on 09/12/2004 10:06:20

Someone posted on Briskoda recently that they phoned and were told anyone that took out a new policy or renewed before Novemeber are still under the any mod but cc increase policy.

So thats pretty much stating that this year will be the last for modded cars at Liverpool Victoria.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts