Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone make of this, especially as 3 BA planes have now been grounded after traces of Pollonium hav been found....

Any Russians on here want to comment? very scary stuff , what will it do to international relations if the Russians are found to have poisoned a British citizen, and the wider public?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I dunno really, I mean you don't know who he was mixing with exactly, prob russian mafia or summink but been described by our wonderful media as the kgb/government.  I reckon it's happening quite regularly, just this time it's made it into the papers.  I wonder how many other places have been contaminated with pollonium too. Was that deliberate or just the traces on someone's hand after picking up a trace from elsewhere ?  and what led the police to suddenly test a plane for it too.. must have been led there by a trail from somewhere..

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think Blair should grow some balls and recall our Ambassador to Russia until we receive a sufficient explanation or the promise of a comprehensive investigation by the Kremlin. We cannot have foreign governments using this country as killing fields for their dissidents.. especially when it exposes our own citizens to unacceptable risk.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
very scary stuff , what will it do to international relations if the Russians are found to have poisoned a British citizen, and the wider public?
it will do absolutely nothing. International relations are a complete sham the world over, a total performance. what did it do when WE were caught with our pants down after bugging the Mexican president in the run-up to the Iraq takeover, or the US bugging Kofi Annan (and all their other things for that matter like covert death squads, etc)? How about the scandal of British surveillance gear found hidden in a rock in Moscow. despite all this we are still going to be importing most of our gas from the Russians and are investing billions on pipelines through Norway.
International relations have always been a complete fraud. there's no honour among thieves. Britain, Russia, USA, China, France, Iran, etc are like rats squabbling over the last scraps of meat at the bottom of a bin. All the pomp and ceremony is put on to distract the truly deluded. if all the lies and deceit from all parties throughout history hasn't taught you that nothing will

·
Registered
377 Posts
What will happen? Nothing, why, Gas and Oil simple as. We cannot
afford as a nation to mess about with one of the largest oil producers in the
world, I am sure someone will get a slapped wrist but nothing much else will
happen.

·
Registered
495 Posts
What will happen? Nothing, why, Gas and Oil simple as. We cannot afford as a nation to mess about with one of the largest oil producers in the world, I am sure someone will get a slapped wrist but nothing much else will happen.
But would the Russians have tried to bump off someone in New York city?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think this is the reason why ... despite all of labours 20 years of posturing to the contrary, last year they decided we needed more investment in Nuclear Power, And also why Gordon Brown has signed a replacemnt for Trident...

The boys in the Backroom, know we would be Fubar if we were totally reliant on Russia for power, its all very well the greens saying build windmills, but Id rather take my chances with a Nuclear reactor or 2 than trust the russians.

·
Registered
377 Posts
What will happen? Nothing, why, Gas and Oil simple as. We cannot afford as a nation to mess about with one of the largest oil producers in the world, I am sure someone will get a slapped wrist but nothing much else will happen.
But would the Russians have tried to bump off someone in New York city?
That I am unsure of, international boarders do not mean
anything to people like this, I would assume this thing happens all over the
world all the time, just on this occasion we found out about it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I think this is the reason why ... despite all of labours 20 years of posturing to the contrary, last year they decided we needed more investment in Nuclear Power, And also why Gordon Brown has signed a replacemnt for Trident...

The boys in the Backroom, know we would be Fubar if we were totally reliant on Russia for power, its all very well the greens saying build windmills, but Id rather take my chances with a Nuclear reactor or 2 than trust the russians.
Blimey...do you want a job in the Nuclear industry?[:D]

I think that we will have to rely on the Russians for the next 15 years. If they decided today to build a Nuc facility it would take about 15 years to get juice onto the bars....unless it was steam rollered through the planning stage. Then you get all the NIMBY's coming out of the wood work.

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Well. You're putin,you want someone dead. You used to be in the KGB snd somehow have managed to frig your so called democracy to a point where you're leader.

What do you do? Have the guy killed in a really complicated manner where it's obvious that it's you and no one can prove jack sh**.

The west asks if you did it, you deny it, and they can hardly call you a lying murderous bdard openly, so they shut up.

Your critics think twice about bad mouthing you, as they now know that you can and will find them and kill them in a painfull way.

If I was Putin this would be a serious result. And oh dear he's upset a few politicaly correct mamby pamby nobodies in the west.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well. You're putin,you want someone dead. You used to be in the KGB snd somehow have managed to frig your so called democracy to a point where you're leader.

What do you do? Have the guy killed in a really complicated manner where it's obvious that it's you and no one can prove jack sh**.

The west asks if you did it, you deny it, and they can hardly call you a lying murderous bdard openly, so they shut up.

Your critics think twice about bad mouthing you, as they now know that you can and will find them and kill them in a painfull way.

If I was Putin this would be a serious result. And oh dear he's upset a few politicaly correct mamby pamby nobodies in the west.
couldn't have put it better myself... all the more reason for us to keep our distance from these lunatics... wonder how nervous abromovich is? 2 oligarchs Murdered, 2 living abroad, 1 doing life in siberia.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Russians are pure scum. I've seen the way they go about their business in Marbella.

A guy I know was visited by some so-called gangsters who told him they were taking his house and fancy motors. When

·
Registered
990 Posts
I forgot to say that smokers (me included) have Polonium 210 in our bodies.

Tobacco crops grown in the United States are fertilized by law with phosphates rich in radium 226. In addition, many soils have a natural radium 226 content. Radium 226 breaks down into two long lived 'daughter' elements -- lead 210 and polonium 210. These radioactive particles become airborne, and attach themselves to the fine hairs on tobacco leaves.

Studies have shown that lead 210 and polonium 210 deposits accumulate in the bodies of people exposed to cigarette smoke. Data collected in the late 1970's shows that smokers have three times as much of these elements in their lower lungs as non smokers. Smokers also show a greater accumulation of lead 210 and polonium 210 in their skeletons,though no studies have been conducted to link these deposits with bone cancer. Polonium 210 is the only component of cigarette smoke which has produced tumors by itself in inhalation experiments with animals.

Maybe Litvenenko and Scaramello smoked a packet of **** together during their meeting[;)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts