Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lik-Sang posted a notice on yesterday indicating that they are closing their doors to further business - looks like Sony's legal efforts have forced this well regarding importer of grey market PSPs, DSs, etc.

Seems to me that Sony is steadily beating itself to death with less than stellar product releases and courting bad press. After their CD rootkit debacle, poorly rated (first gen) LCD TVS, massive battery recalls, treating Europe as a poor relation in the PS3 stakes (significant delays and higher price than japan) they're now playing the big bad mega-corp and employing bully boy tactics to close down a small grey importer.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I heard this too - but no doubt these guys will "re-surface" under a new company name and start over.

I still think the law on this is bent - If a big company like Sony sell product in one country cheaper then the other then people should be able to buy and sell - dont we live in a free market world?

Sony Warrenty is usually world wide as well so any rubbish about "Jap units are not supported" is total tosh!

They are obviously worried about PS3's being sold over here when they finally launch - I think they will be suprised on how few they will sell - Overpriced, Overated, and Over late! (this from a very loyal Sony PS lover!)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I agree... I am this [------] close to buying an xbox 360 right now... just wish it was a little bit cheaper than £300

I would have loved a PS3 but I cant help feel it is a total rip off, plus that blu ray thing is going to go tits up i recon..

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Sony are crap... been saying it for years , so many people think that there PC vaios and laptops are good... TBH vaios are the worst laptop you can buy, they have the worst plastics that crack all the time, and batterys that usually dont even last the warranty....

I will never ever own another sony... not even a sony ericcson mobile phone.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Slightly miffed at this as i had an order with Lik-Sang and now its been canceled :( oh well i'll just have to download the game instead! as its out in the UK mid next year and already out in the US..... no doubt it would have been twice the price here too!

Dam Sony!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree... I am this [------] close to buying an xbox 360 right now... just wish it was a little bit cheaper than £300

I would have loved a PS3 but I cant help feel it is a total rip off, plus that blu ray thing is going to go tits up i recon..
You could get a premium pack for £200 if you wanted from Boots... There's a 10% discount code going about, plus 6% cashback by going through Quidco and triple Boots points worth £35 - all in means a Premium pack for about £200...

See:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30642

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Don't forget other issues with Sony suchas very poor software and
support for their mp3 walkmans, the whole blu ray debacle, current slur
campaign saying that the ps3 is cheaper than xbox etc. They really do
seem to be a company struggling at the moment with blunder after
blunder. Analysts are now saying they may not even survive the ps3 if
sales aren't amazing.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
IMO - Sony = Pony !

They are jack of all trades and master of none in my book.. Just mediocre ! Even though I do have a Sony Ericsson mobile !

·
Registered
832 Posts
Xbox 360 Premium Bundle Pack from Play.com is only £279.99 with loads of extra's including PGR3

Whats holding you back!??!!?!?
£279.99 for PGR3 and TWO wirless controllers! Bargain.

PS3 just buyit self well over £400. LOL!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
What's the problem with blu-ray then?
They've been having immense problems getting the discs to work and there's been some difficulties with the lasers though I couldn't tell you exactly what. That's one of the reasons for the PS3's delay, alongside a very low yield of the cell processor and heat issues.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I can second that - I only brought the PS2 for GT games - But now Ive played Project Gothem Racing 3 I can say I prefer it - specially online!

You think your quick? Go on line and find out how quick you really are!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I can second that - I only brought the PS2 for GT games - But now Ive played Project Gothem Racing 3 I can say I prefer it - specially online!

You think your quick? Go on line and find out how quick you really are!
On PGR3 I managed to get a top 300 laptime for one ciruit out of all the people in the world!!!

But yeah, there are some serious quick people on there!!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Tell me about it! Trouble is, you end up on it all night trying to spank the yanks.......

Or is that just me?
Nah I think thats everyones mission in life to give the yanks a good stuffing..! its especially good on Ghost recon... lol

·
Registered
873 Posts
i had a 212 (or there abouts) in league one is that 212th in the world? I don't get he league thing.

When ever i try to play it online i find it really hard to find other people to race with. it always sticks me in a room on my own dont i have to wait ages for some people. Anyone else have this problem or is it my xbox live set up?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts