Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I was in my mates bora and his vents lights lit up....

I mean the 0..... I where you can turn on and off none of them on mine work everything else works fine...

time to itme the ashtray ciggrette bit dont work but a bang usually sorts it.

just wondering if the bulbs gone or anything obvious i can check also why does the cigg light bit go off? once the heater panel light was off and a bang made it work!!

Any help will be appreciated how do i take the vent out with out damaging to check???

Sounds like a loose wire but dont know where to start?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Only the bora sport had illuminated air vents before 2003 here are mine [:p]

tidys up the interior of the golf well and matches the bora sport clocks nicely [heat]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh it makes sense my bora is an se and my mates a sports.

but mines a 54 Jan 05 reg? guys please help to confirm this? ahh none of the lights work so it sounds like i dont have them?

wounder! it actually looks better with the lights can i change them are they easy to do?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Yes you can change them but as above they are a bit over priced for what they are. Depends on your budget but just have a browse on ebay and search illuminated bora vents

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I thought all Bora vents were/could be illuminated! Every single set no matter age spec or what i have gotten out of boras being broken had the illuminating wires on them

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Jazzle, Can someone explain how i can take outthe vent to check if their is any wiring?!

much appreciated.....

i dont want to dmaage it so a numpty kind of guide would help lol sorry. could it be vagcom activated just a thought?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Not all bora have illuminated vents, most have normal fully closed vents which look like illuminated vents but with no wires. Not sure SE come with illuminated vents but could always be that they were fitted on by the previous owners. Mine's not even a bora and I got illuminated vents [:p]

·
Boost Junkie
1,534 Posts
it aint hard to take the vents out and wire up some red l.e.ds if it comes down to it. i got a set from the dealers for my golf at over £100 and the drivers side vent wasnt illuminated (i think it was for an r32 rather then bora sport) however shining a light through the vent i could see all that was needed was two l.e.ds

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right guys sounds wicked i really do want the lit lights and yeh as you said just get wire done first thing first is how do i get the vent out prefrebly the passenger side to start with if so wiring?

but to check how do i get the vent out? if no led which i am certain now as none of them light up? it looks like i dont have it but i would like to set it up.

Firstly take it out and where can i get the led from?

THANKS TO ALL FOR HELPING, YOUR POSTS HAVE HELPED A LOT.

Guys please how do i get the vent out?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts