Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all my lights no longer flash when i lock or unlock the car does anybody know what fuse these run off as the indicator and hazard light fuse is fine.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no all doors and boot is closed car still unlocks and locks. yes all interior lights still work

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Did they flash before?

Its a feature that can be disabled by VAGCOM so that people will not know when you lock/unlock your car for security.

The bonnet switch may be faulty, as mine never flash if it locks with the bonnet open.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Have you tried pressing the lock button again, maybe one or two more times? My car has always been this way inclined - the flash generally doesn't happen until two presses, sometimes three, occasionally only the one. I put this down to faulty lock modules.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
mine takes 2 presses to get the light to flash.

interesting about the vag com bit how do you check this is not disabled in vag com ?

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Its on the Ross Tech website under Mk4 Golf, cant remember the exact process.

You can enable it, disable it, along with the 'chirp' or 'beep' and change the alarm from the siren to the horn!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes they used to flash before. is there any way to check if this has been disabled as i prefer them to flash as my car has a tendency to be tempremantal with the remote locking and doesnt always lock/unlock

·
Registered
237 Posts
I was changing my indicator light bulb and i short circuited something resulting in a pop.

my hazard lights were not working - neither did the hazards flash on locking the car with the fob.

i pressed hazard switch - no lights working.

so i checked fuses, low and behold the fuse for hazard lights was blown. so i changed this (15amp fuse in side of dashboard).

My hazards were now working - however the hazards still did not flash upon locking the car with the fob.

after much searching on google, ukmkiv, vortex, etc - everyone seems to point to locking module failure - but i was adamant it was something else like a relay or another fuse because all my doors lock perfectly - and besides, how could a shorted bulb replacement blow one of my locking modules ???

after another hour of searching, i found that there is a 15amp fuse for the alarm/turn signals located under the steering column (again 15amp, fuse D).

After changing this, it now works perfectly !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts