Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi mate

I've fitted X5 xenons, which are very similar. Got them from hids4u.com. Great service and very helpful before the purchase. Been running them for over a year with no major problems, and the extra light is great. Mine are running in standard headlights, so through a projector lense should be good.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
194 Posts
Why don't you phone Ian here http://www.hids4u.co.uk/contact.asp

Very helpful. As far as I know, the more blue the beam is, the less light is produced. I think mine a 6000k which are definately blue enough and give off loads of light too.

He did tell me what OEM xenons kick out from VAG but I can't remember.

My X5 kit is fully waterproof too. Bare that in mind as not all kits are, some are only "splash" proof.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Right these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-H1-H4-H7-H11-9005-9006-9007_W0QQitemZ170028389105QQihZ007QQcategoryZ72235QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But not sure which light temp to order, 6000k or 8000k

the reason for getting HID's is to improve the light output as FK's are quite poor so really the 6000k should be the answer but are they going to be blue enough[:S]

Any idea what output a 2001 S3 whould be as my mates are a good colour
Why are you getting worried if they're blue enough?

The farther the xenons past 5000K the worse the light output. 4500K is completely white and the brightest you can get.

6000K = lightish blue

8000K = blue

10000K = Indigo

120000K = Violet (bugger all light off them at all)

Baz

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice one

6000k it is then. just waiting on a reply on just how weather proof "weatherproof" actually is. Then xenons here i come[:D]

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
nice one

6000k it is then. just waiting on a reply on just how weather proof "weatherproof" actually is. Then xenons here i come[:D]
i recently fitted 6000k to my black FK angel eyes.

they look and go perfect [:p]

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
this is my 6000k

they look plenty blue enough, depandant an angels you see them from

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
535 Posts
they look real smart skierandy,

i think i will be going for the 6000k aswell, will try and get a pic of a 8000k kit to compare first though.

did you get the HID kit off hid4u.com by any chance?

Nice job by the way cars looking nice, keep it up.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
no, i had it from a group buy.

i could try arange another group buy?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I have just seen a kit from VAG parts, its a 6000k kit for i believe £225.

what do you think?

https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.oneandoneshop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=15403d2fec1697c/shopdata/index.shopscript

im fitting it to my anni lights.

will a HID kit let out as much light as a xenon kit would?

sorry to be ignorant but this is all new to me.

cheers for the pics
i bought a cheap kit for £130 odd

my hid kit is bright, prob as good as a xenon light, the bigger the temp (ie number colour K) you go, the worse the light will be

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well Ive ordered a set of 6000k's

hopefully they will be here before the weekend and can fit them then. will get some photos on with my LED angels.

Jambo

·
Registered
112 Posts
Glad other people are saying that the light from their fk angel eyes is crap,I thot that is was just me.I find they are just like two seperate beams and i have tried uprated bulbs but bugger all difference!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
As far as I know all FK lamps are left hand drive, with a tourist lever which cuts of the high part of the beam to stop them blinding oncoming traffic when used over here, so I'm not particularly surprised that the light output isn't as good as it could be.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well fitted them monday. annoyingly had to swap my LED sidelights back the standard bulbs for the time being as some havent been working over the last month or so and when i got the lamps to peices found half of them were U/S. will be sending them back as them have a 1yr guarentee.

anyway.

Cant believe just how good these are the light difference is unreal. Anyone with FK angel's who think that the light is poor get some of these. With the dark mornings and evenings now, well worth the 120 quid they cost.

Really easy to fit even if your normally no good at car DIY as long as you can get the bumper off the hard work is done.

Heres a bit of a picture story of fitting them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this is where is mounted the O/S Ballest

Posted Image

a different angle

Posted Image

this lug was in the way on the N/S so i cut it off

Posted Image

like this

Posted Image

the N/S mounted

Posted Image

It all tidied up and finished

Posted Image

Havent taken any photos of them working as they look just like Skier Andys above but will post some when i get my LED sidelights back in.

Jambo

·
Registered
470 Posts
On a Bora I wouldn't bother. I have a bi-xenon kit on mine and it's
going to be coming off soon. The lighting is worse than standard.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts