Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Looks like a deal but the phone is really annoying. Looks awesome but the soft touch panel goes off whenever you don't want it to, I found it really fiddly...thats why I chose a D900 over the E900 Samsung (same software, one is soft touch while the other is thinner)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Dont buy an LG Chocolate!! They are crap, they look good but are a pain in the behind to use, Mikedav is right they are really fiddly and its a proper pain to write text messages, my phone does its own thing! half way through writting a text it will send or go into a random menu and i will have to start all over again. I phoned o2 and complained but because i had it for over 30 days they will not swap it for another model. In the end i had to pay ?230 for a new sim free nokia!! Dont bother with the LG chocolate mate a bar of Yorkie would be easier to use !! [;)]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Im going with the trend i baught one brand new when they came out.. bit of a fashion icon.. then after two weeks the novelty wore off and the phone it self is pathetic.. so now im using my good ol 6230i

Sat [y]

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really?!?

Im glad u guys told me that then!

They are doing the D900 too, which works out ?13 a month for the same deal, ive always been a big fan of Nokias but at the mo I cant seem to see one I like, plus I no longer need loads of mins and stuff!

or these are all the phone available on that offer :-

http://www.mobileshop.com/mobile-phones/12-month-free-line-rental/

If I got a 6111 it works out at ?6 a month!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Love my D900. Thinner than the E900, about the size of a V3 RZR. No sill soft touch buttons, good software, etc.?My first Samsung, took about 3 days to get used to but now I am very happy with it??

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
http://www.mobileshop.com/mobile-phones/o2/contract-mobile-phones/lg-chocolate.php/PNEWO2CHOC0005

check out this deal! Im sure it is, a free phone, 12 month free line rental, with 400 x network, anytime mins and 100 texts!

So equates to ?10 a month?!?

I have a Nokia 6680 at the mo but this phone looks well nice, anyone got one?!?

Cheers

Dave
I've heard bad things about that phone, ie holding against your ear and the touch sensitive buttons canceling the call. I'm sure they will tweak the next version better.

I'm getting the Sony K800i - seem the best all round phone. I don't like the Nokia style joystick ie on my 6230. There is a Noki N73 is equiv of the Sony - yet to have a play... but it would have to have a much better interface than the Sony to swing me around.

Let us know what phone and tarrif u chose.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm looking at the e900 deal. Saw a deal on dabs.com where you got a free xbox core, i worked out after selling it the cost for the contract equalled out to ?23 a month - ?35 normally, 18 month contract.

But this deal with o2 looks good, ?30 pm for 18 months but with 12 months free, you pay ?180 so thats really ?10 pm!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Well i've just ordered the e900 on o2 so i'll post when it arrives!
?

Same problem as the LG on the E900 though [:S] Everyone I know with one hates the soft touch buttons, hence why I went D900

·
Registered
623 Posts
W850 is a great phone if you're into music. Also have a look at the W950 - bit pricier, but has a 4Gb hard disk built in!

Check out www.mobiles.co.uk - company I work for - gotta get a free plug in ;-)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i have both a nokia n91,and a sony k800i and the sony k800i is simply the business!!!!i wouldn't have any other phone out there at the mo!3.2 megapix,and perfect pictures everytime!definately recommend it to anyone! my nokia n91 is another decent phone with a 4GB hard drive as well!both are very good phones,but i think the sony k800i is the better of the two!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Well i've just ordered the e900 on o2 so i'll post when it arrives!
Same problem as the LG on the E900 though [:S] Everyone I know with one hates the soft touch buttons, hence why I went D900
The e900 is a much much better phone than the lg also the soft touch buttons on that are no way as bad as the lg as my brothers got an e900 and i compared it to mine when i had my lg.. but this soft touch can be a bit annoying..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
290 Posts
really?!?

Im glad u guys told me that then!

They are doing the D900 too, which works out ?13 a month for the same deal, ive always been a big fan of Nokias but at the mo I cant seem to see one I like, plus I no longer need loads of mins and stuff!

or these are all the phone available on that offer :-

http://www.mobileshop.com/mobile-phones/12-month-free-line-rental/

If I got a 6111 it works out at ?6 a month!
Those deals are great if you don't send many texts. Ideally I could do with half the minutes they give you and at least double the texts...[:)]

·
Registered
90 Posts
i have a E900 - did have a few probs with the soft touch buttons, but i dont really have a problem with 'em now though.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i'm looking for a change after xmas

looking for the best deals, want something sub ?20/month and free phone, plus 12 month contract only. also if possible avoid the cash back offers, would prefer discounted rental each month.

choice was between d900 and e900. had a quick look at the phones in store and at first glance prefer the e900 as slimer and looked better, but if these soft touch buttons are a problem may give it a miss.

on voda at the mo, so will be speaking to them first on what they can offer. but i feel they don't care on keeping customers much these days.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think the D900 could be growing on me actually, looked at that and the E900 yestee, think the D900 has a slightly bigger screen too? and its good we know about these issues with the soft touch buttons on the E900!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts