Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Sorry, the SC has never been my cup of tea but then variety is the spice of life - as long as you're pleased with it, that's all that counts! [:D]

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sorry any offense caused b4 you read my post ..... but

That is one minging motor ! (on par with the minging porsche cayenne) one word.... WHY??? (Lexus is just a toyota afterall)

The body shape looks like a dog turd and the wheels look like something from a toyota carina parts bin

You could have had a porsche 911/caymen/boxster, Merc SL/SLK, TVR etc etc (why oh why did you do it?????)

?????? on a rebaged toyota softop..... no thanks!

only reedeeming feature is its got a v8........ (so please say its pretty rapid)

ps
Only just realised how old you are..... 22 year old.
Any 22 year old who can spend 40/50k on a car is either;

Very intelligent and have a very very good job 60k+, but still live at home with ma and pa. (cant see why you'd want to live with ma and pa if your earning mega bucks)
A drug dealer
Have a Rich mommy and Daddy
or is Lying

come on fella which is it???[:D][:p]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Muzzy what are you on about?! There are ones on the trader starting from 18k.

Its just a rebadged Toyota? It certainly is not, these cars are quality inside and extremely reliable. My folks are big fans of Lexus and for good reason (they haven't owned the SC though), the two they've owned have never let them down. The same can't be said for most VW's.

I can't believe badge snobbery exists amongst VW owners.......

·
Registered
333 Posts
its a new one isnt it... which are around 40k???

Toyota is the most reliable car you can buy today....

The reason Lexus are so reliable is because they are a rebaged toyota. (i thought this news was as old as the hills??)

The only Toyota i would spend my money on would be one of their 4x4's. Again for reliablity nothing else.

Quick question for you.... whats a lexus RX400?? i'll give you an idea.... it start with land and ends with cruiser (with a bodykit on of course)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Muzzy what are you on about?! There are ones on the trader starting from 18k.

Its just a rebadged Toyota? It certainly is not, these cars are quality inside and extremely reliable. My folks are big fans of Lexus and for good reason (they haven't owned the SC though), the two they've owned have never let them down. The same can't be said for most VW's.

I can't believe badge snobbery exists amongst VW owners.......
Im no badge snob (i dont have enough money to be[:p]).... their are many brands of cars i like out their Mazda, Subaru, Peugeot to name a few.

Lexus is just Toyota under a different name selling us the same car dressed up differently but for 5-10k more.

Vw/Audi going the same way....... Why is it that VW golf /Audi A3 considerabley more expensive than Seat Leon and Skoda Octavia?? when essentially its the same car??

Because mugs like us pay for the badge..

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have never been a fan of lexus's and everytime I see one I think of one thing...

Posted Image

"Lexi" [:D]

perhaps its an age thing.?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Woah lots of reply?s.

<o:p> </o:p>

More bad that I was expecting.

The car is a special edition and is brand new around the 54k
mark.

To be totally honest it?s one of the nicest cars I have ever
driven, it?s not worth the money though but it?s not my car or my money so who
am I to argue. The car is my mothers, I do not live at home as such, I live on
the same land but not in the same house lol. I have my own house adjacent to
the family home.

The 4.3 V8 is simply stunning and it has to be one of the
best open top cruisers I have ever driven.

My own personal car is the Lexus IS 250 SEL and a
combination of Ford fiesta Van and VW Caddy Van.

Over the years I have driven Mercs, BMW?s Jags, Audi &
VW almost all prestige cars and not one of them has ever been as reliable as
the two Lexus we now have in the family.

Most people I speak to don?t rate Lexus to high, but they
have never owned or driven one so really people cant comment on cars they have
not yet driven. If everyone to opinions and remarks of others Skoda would not
be doing so well.

Lexus is releasing the new IS500 with a 5.0 Litre V8 and 4
wheel drive to compete with the new M3, I simply cannot wait and as soon as I
can pre-order one I will do.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Driven the IS200 and quite liked that but preferred the equivelent 3 series in the handling and engine stakes even if it was more expensive.

SC is not my cup of tea, as I said above but that doesn't really matter to you (or your mother)...what matters is you're happy with your new car and it was what you wanted [:D]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Interesting car the SC430. Used ones seem very cheap for what you gwt, and although styling not my cup of tea a female friend of mine desperately wants one so some people must like it. Its rare though and that makes a change...as for Lexus being a rebadged Toyota, well, possibly - but look how well made a Lexus is and it can only say good things about a Toyota.

ps

Any 22 year old who can spend 40/50k on a car is either...

Very intelligent and have a very very good job 60k+, but still live at home with ma and pa. (cant see why you'd want to live with ma and pa if your earning mega bucks)
Ha ha ha

Ha ha ha

Ha ha ha

Ha.

How wrong can you be...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Why am i wrong ??[:p]

Please explain......

How many respectable 22 year olds do you know with 40/50k cars?? (which are bought through hard work... and not by mummy or daddy)

You see chav 25 year old Asians driving about in Lambo's, 911's, Aston martins, Ferrari's etc where i live..... but they are all aquired through dirty money.

ps....Hire purchase isnt classed as spending 40/50k on a car because you never own it.... its merely a way own running a car you could never possibly afford a car loan for

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I know a few 25 and under people (asians as well) who drive prestige 50k+ cars and I can assure you, not aquired through dirty money.

They've just had the balls to setup their own business and made it a success - I'm not ashamed to admit envy them and wish I could own some of the cars they have but then I envy Mike and his M3 too [:D]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Why am i wrong ??[:p]

How many respectable 22 year olds do you know with 40/50k cars?? (which are bought through hard work... and not by mummy or daddy)
Firstly as said, these start at ?18k used, not ?50k. Secondly, you said you needed to earn ?60k and be living with Mum to afford a ?50k car. You don't need anything like that. For example you can get into a 911 for about ?700 a month, and you don't need ?3k a month take home to afford that if its what you really wanted.

[:)]

ps....Hire purchase isnt classed as spending 40/50k on a car because you never own it.... its merely a way own running a car you could never possibly afford a car loan for
Balls. Hire purchase IS a car loan, its just secured on the car rather than you personally. You ALWAYS own it, your name is on the V5, and its your car. The finance company has a charge on it because you have a loan secured against it, but its YOUR car. They can't even reposess it if you have made 1/3 of the payments. Why spend ?1400 a month on a personal laon for a car you can buy on PCP for ?600 a month?

You will find a very large number of people won't blow ?50k on a depreciating lump of metal and prefer instead to finance it and put that cash into something that makes money instead. So you cannot possible judge wealth by whether someone finances their car or not. Do you honestly think all the 911s, Astons, Ferraris, Rollers etc you see on the roads are all owned outright?

This argument is like saying if you can't buy a house cash, you can't afford it!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts