·
Retired
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
924 Posts
hi

i have just brought some angel eye lights and thinking of changing the bulbs aswell! so thanks for the link...

i was wondering how come the first set on the link cost ?8 each, whereas the super bright ones are only ?0.71p each?

confused

will

·
Registered
924 Posts
yeah think so...

abit confusing tho as it says

(286) Dash Board Slim wedge bulb Mixed Colour (10 off)?8.00

that 10 0ff does that mean you get 10 bulbs for ?8

as they 90p each?!

lol

will

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
you may want to buy some brighter bulbs while your at it as the fk angel eyes light output is not great unfortunately (they look good though [:p])

·
Registered
924 Posts
i notice you have the angel lights buddy and was wondering which bulbs are you running for the rings?

are you running either of the two from ultra?

will

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
i am running the standard bulbs, i actually like the orangy yellowy colour lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
924 Posts
yeah i cant believe you get the full ring effect as the bora fk get a split in them not full circle!lol

dont know to get the brighter bulbs are not, cos the yellow bulbs do give it a more outline of the rings whereas the brighter ones might be too bright!

wish the ultra site would give you an idea of how bright they are lol

by the way nice car mate!!!

will

·
Retired
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
10 off at ?8 is a quantity discount. If you buy em seperatly they are 90p each.

The brighter blue ones however are on special offer from what I can see
- at 71p each. So they work out cheapest. Just need to know
if they are road llegal (E-marked)!

Lovin your FK's, Skierandy [:D]

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
yeah i cant believe you get the full ring effect as the bora fk get a split in them not full circle!lol

dont know to get the brighter bulbs are not, cos the yellow bulbs do give it a more outline of the rings whereas the brighter ones might be too bright!

wish the ultra site would give you an idea of how bright they are lol

by the way nice car mate!!!

will
my worry was fitting brighter bluey bulbs along with the standard yellow rings, would it look silly

and "by the way nice car mate!!!" thanks[:D]

·
Registered
924 Posts
just order some bright blue led's for the angel lights for under ?15 a bargin consider halfords changes ?1.89 for just one normal bulb!!

cant wait to fit them and see how they are.

will

·
Retired
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update: Ultraleds.co.uk came back to me and said they think that
the blue ones will be too blue and get me stopped by the police
alot. They advised me to go for brighter white ones. So
I've changed my order to the white ones. Will see once I get them
[:D]

·
Registered
924 Posts
bugger better change my order aswell, dont want to be stopped everytime i turn on the lights lol

just phoned them and the person was very helpful over the phone, the ultra white ones are more expensive but he said he will do them at the same price!!

will

·
Retired
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol same answer I got. You already got your FK's I take it? Mine are on order - ?150 delivered from goingfast [:D]

·
Registered
924 Posts
yeah i have mate...only cost me ?20 for the angel! lol brought them from a mate only need resealing cos one for the light was getting condensation in.

the bulbs cos more than the headlights as i replaced all the bulbs!!

went to halfords for the small bulbs at ?1.89 each and i brought 16 of them.. and also brought phillips ultra bright for the projectors with gives it a really xenon look!

think the golf fk are better tho as you get the full circle lol

will

·
Registered
299 Posts
Maybe wondering off the subject here but need a bit of help with angel eyes...

Ok.. currently i have 'anni' style headlights (smoked) with 8000k HIDs... now these lights look great but not as good the angels and so i might change to the angels, would you recommend this or stay how it is? Also my other question is, would my HIDs fit in these headlights... ive posted several questions about this but knowbody seems to know, have any of you guys had them fitted to yours? Finally, if i did get the angels would i be able to fit red rings?? lol i know it sounds silly... would i think it would look good on a red anni lol...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts